News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

gerald

Quote from: arnoldemu on 18:13, 04 May 15
for c4cpc I think all switches are down except last which is up.
Then you have the selection menu.
Well, Originally, CprSelect was on slot 8, but I've moved it to slot 15 on all card shipped up to now.  ;D
Note that you can put it in any slot  :P

Quote from: arnoldemu on 18:13, 04 May 15
It is possible there is a bad contact with the gx4000 or perhaps you need to remove and re-insert the cartridge.
Good luck, I hope it is not broken.
Bad contact or broken contact ....

arnoldemu

Quote from: gerald on 19:22, 04 May 15
Well, Originally, CprSelect was on slot 8, but I've moved it to slot 15 on all card shipped up to now.  ;D
Note that you can put it in any slot  :P
I don't like change, I keep it in slot 8 ;)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Maniac

Quote from: n00b on 14:51, 04 May 15
Any suggestions for a label design?  :)
I've been working on one for my cart but taking longer than I hoped with work and home life taking most of my time!

Phantomz

Quote from: arnoldemu on 20:59, 20 April 15
Attached is nebulus created with my nocart.

I am pleased this game can be started and played with joystick. I didn't need to patch it.
Of course you can't change options and I don't know what happens if you try and enter your name, may work with joystick may not.
Works on GX4000.

Thanks for this, it works great, you can enter your name with the joystick.  ;)

The game can be a little tricky so I've patched your cart to give Unlimited Lives and Unlimited Time.

The Trained version is available from the link below for anyone that would like it.  :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fxfrxh36548u24a/Nebulus-Trained.rar

Any chance you could do Feud for me please? The Game can be started from Joystick, the only control that is missing is enter that centres the screen which I don't really use, unless this could be patched to second fire button somehow.  ;D

zeropolis79

Has anyone patched Dizzy games to work from cart at all?

CraigsBar

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 21:06, 04 May 15
Has anyone patched Dizzy games to work from cart at all?
I'm working on it, but I need the next 'nocart' from @arnoldemu for the increased fsource DSK format sizes.

Watch this space.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 20:49, 04 May 15
Thanks for this, it works great, you can enter your name with the joystick.  ;)

The game can be a little tricky so I've patched your cart to give Unlimited Lives and Unlimited Time.

The Trained version is available from the link below for anyone that would like it.  :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fxfrxh36548u24a/Nebulus-Trained.rar

Any chance you could do Feud for me please? The Game can be started from Joystick, the only control that is missing is enter that centres the screen which I don't really use, unless this could be patched to second fire button somehow.  ;D

Feud is on my to-do list cart wise, I guess it just landed at the top ahead of Turrican and Turrican II, Prehistorik II and Rainbow Islands, Can you wait until tomorrow?

[/size][size=78%]Craig[/size]

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:55, 05 May 15

Feud is on my to-do list cart wise, I guess it just landed at the top ahead of Turrican and Turrican II, Prehistorik II and Rainbow Islands, Can you wait until tomorrow?

Craig

OK No need to wait until tomorrow, this one was dead easy. Done and added to Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki

Craig

yurif74

My C4CPC is just arrived,
time to have LOT OF FUN with it and my GX4000  ;D :D ;D :D

Juri

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 01:12, 05 May 15
OK No need to wait until tomorrow, this one was dead easy. Done and added to Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki

Craig

Thanks for doing that CraigsBar you're a Star.  ;D

yurif74

i noticed there are requests for a printer case, since i have a 3d printer, could be possible to have the STL files of the case? so i can print mine at home :D

Phantomz

CraigsBar is there any chance you could do a Feud to cpr with this disk instead of the cng disk  please, I appreciate you doing the game for me , but it seems to load slow (sluggish) on winape
for me, it might be ok on real hardware, but my cart is still in the post.  :'(

I have no idea why, but even if I use the cng disk from cpc power, it just seems to stay stuck on the title screen for ages, where as my disk only shows the title screen for a about 5 seconds, then you are at the title screen ready to play the game.

If you're not to busy I would appreciate it.  :)

Cheers  :)

[attachurl=2]

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:57, 05 May 15
CraigsBar is there any chance you could do a Feud to cpr with this disk instead of the cng disk  please, I appreciate you doing the game for me , but it seems to load slow (sluggish) on winape

I have no idea why, but even if I use the cng disk from cpc power, it just seems to stay stuck on the title screen for ages, where as my disk only shows the title screen for a about 5 seconds, then you are at the title screen ready to play the game.

[attachurl=2]

On MESS/GX 4000 driver, the first convertion has no problem like the one you describe. I think it's a Winape bug.
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 17:57, 05 May 15

[attachurl=2]
Hi,

Sure I can. My Cart conversions of the CNG Compressed hacks display the title screen until you press the first fire button on Joystick (or pad) one.

After pressing this then the game is decrunched and launched. so there is a slight delay. but the advantages of a single file that can be easily cart converted outway this IMHO

Anyway, here is Feud based on your DSK file. Tested it and it again all seems good.

I have not linked this to the list on the wiki as I think on real hardware the CNGSoft release looks nicer.

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 21:22, 05 May 15
On MESS/GX 4000 driver, the first convertion has no problem like the one you describe. I think it's a Winape bug.

I believe you are right  :) like I said I thought it would be down to WinApe, but I couldn't test on real hardware, never doubted CraigsBar work.  ;)

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:24, 05 May 15
Hi,

Sure I can. My Cart conversions of the CNG Compressed hacks display the title screen until you press the first fire button on Joystick (or pad) one.

After pressing this then the game is decrunched and launched. so there is a slight delay. but the advantages of a single file that can be easily cart converted outway this IMHO

Anyway, here is Feud based on your DSK file. Tested it and it again all seems good.

I have not linked this to the list on the wiki as I think on real hardware the CNGSoft release looks nicer.

Thanks again for this, sorry to be a pain  :-[ I agree that the CNGSoft version looks nicer, and it is better to see the title screen until you press the fire button (well not in WinApe lol) as the second version doesn't show the title screen for long enough.

I guess it is an advantage when making carts to have a single crunched file if it makes converting to cart easier.   ;)

Saying that though, I could not make a trained version of the cart to give Infinite Energy, as I could not find the new poke address as the file is crunched until loaded, not a problem with an emulator or a computer with a multiface, but is a problem on a gx4000.

I know not everyone wants to cheat, but people can't use trainer disks or a multiface on a gx4000 and when you can fit loads of cart files on the sd card then why not have some trained versions too if wanted.  ;)

I've made a trained version of the Feud.cpr that you made with the disk I uploaded, which gives Infinite Energy which is cool, just a shame the title screen goes so fast lol.

Anyway, thanks again Craigsbar you're a star.  ;D

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 22:44, 05 May 15
I believe you are right  :) like I said I thought it would be down to WinApe, but I couldn't test on real hardware, never doubted CraigsBar work.  ;)

Thanks again for this, sorry to be a pain  :-[ I agree that the CNGSoft version looks nicer, and it is better to see the title screen until you press the fire button (well not in WinApe lol) as the second version doesn't show the title screen for long enough.

I guess it is an advantage when making carts to have a single crunched file if it makes converting to cart easier.   ;)

Saying that though, I could not make a trained version of the cart to give Infinite Energy, as I could not find the new poke address as the file is crunched until loaded, not a problem with an emulator or a computer with a multiface, but is a problem on a gx4000.

I know not everyone wants to cheat, but people can't use trainer disks or a multiface on a gx4000 and when you can fit loads of cart files on the sd card then why not have some trained versions too if wanted.  ;)

I've made a trained version of the Feud.cpr that you made with the disk I uploaded, which gives Infinite Energy which is cool, just a shame the title screen goes so fast lol.

Anyway, thanks again Craigsbar you're a star.  ;D
If Anyone could help me understand how the CNGSoft trainers work, then I am happy tp patch them to be Button 1 button 2 instead of Y/N so the trainers still work. But as they stand, anything with a trainer is not gonna be GX friendly and therefore not on my to do list.

My List at present reads as follows....
Dizzy Compilation cart
Dizzy Spinoffs (remake this one with non trained versions now that the Proof Of Concept is good)
Turrican & Turrican II
Rainbow Islands
Prehistorik 2

If anyone want's anything else whilst I am waiting for a revised tool release for 80 track discs (and |cpm loaders - Fingers Crossed) from kev, the please let me know, I am happy to look, patch (If I can) and cartify any game that basically fits the All Joystick rule

Craig

seanb

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:14, 05 May 15
If Anyone could help me understand how the CNGSoft trainers work, then I am happy tp patch them to be Button 1 button 2 instead of Y/N so the trainers still work. But as they stand, anything with a trainer is not gonna be GX friendly and therefore not on my to do list.

My List at present reads as follows....
Dizzy Compilation cart
Dizzy Spinoffs (remake this one with non trained versions now that the Proof Of Concept is good)
Turrican & Turrican II
Rainbow Islands
Prehistorik 2

If anyone want's anything else whilst I am waiting for a revised tool release for 80 track discs (and |cpm loaders - Fingers Crossed) from kev, the please let me know, I am happy to look, patch (If I can) and cartify any game that basically fits the All Joystick rule

Craig

Can you do outrun?
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Phantomz

International Karate Plus (IK+) and Buggy Boy can be started with the joystick, and you can enter your name in the highscore table's too.  :)

I know GX4000 conversions are a priority at the moment which I understand, but is there any chance you could do some conversions for plus owners too later that include trainers and the keyboard isn't a problem.

Would love to have some of the top games ready to go like Chase HQ, Gauntlet 1 & 2, Target Renegade etc.  ;D

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:36, 06 May 15
International Karate Plus (IK+) and Buggy Boy can be started with the joystick, and you can enter your name in the highscore table's too.  :)

I know GX4000 conversions are a priority at the moment which I understand, but is there any chance you could do some conversions for plus owners too later that include trainers and the keyboard isn't a problem.

Would love to have some of the top games ready to go like Chase HQ, Gauntlet 1 & 2, Target Renegade etc.  ;D

The thing is, most Plus owner can use their disc driver !
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Quote from: remax on 08:45, 06 May 15
The thing is, most Plus owner can use their disc driver !
or an HxC. I will gladly convert outrun if a single sided non trained version can be found. Double sided games are so far a non starter. As the only single side crack on CPC power is trained it's not really suitable for conversion.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 00:36, 06 May 15

will take a look at ik+ and buggy boy tonight.

seanb

I was joking about outrun.
Its crap.
I think others should look at converting games as well.
The programmes there for everyone to use.
Maybe Craig could jot down some basic instructions when the next update to no$cart comes out.
I'm willing to do a few. In fact I would like to try.

Perhaps someone could investigate how to remap some keyboard only commands to the joypad so others can participate and upload a few games.

CraigsBar

Quote from: seanb on 10:22, 06 May 15
I was joking about outrun.
Its crap.
I think others should look at converting games as well.
The programmes there for everyone to use.
Maybe Craig could jot down some basic instructions when the next update to no$cart comes out.
I'm willing to do a few. In fact I would like to try.

Perhaps someone could investigate how to remap some keyboard only commands to the joypad so others can participate and upload a few games.
I will certainly be doing invasion of the zombie monsters tonight. That game belongs on the gx4000, and from memory is fully joystick controlled already with v1.2 using both buttons. Heaven.

seanb

Quote from: CraigsBar on 10:45, 06 May 15
I will certainly be doing invasion of the zombie monsters tonight. That game belongs on the gx4000, and from memory is fully joystick controlled already with v1.2 using both buttons. Heaven.

As a massive horror fan I'll have to play that  :D
don't recall if I've heard of it

CraigsBar

Quote from: seanb on 11:08, 06 May 15
As a massive horror fan I'll have to play that  :D
don't recall if I've heard of it
http://www.relevovideogames.com/invasion-of-the-zombie-monsters/

Xyphoe also did a long play and review, scoring it 9/10. It's awesome.