News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

seanb

I have seen that before.
Never played it and can't wait  8)
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 08:45, 06 May 15
The thing is, most Plus owner can use their disc driver !

True! , but isn't it easier just to have the game in the mass storage device that's plugged into the side of the machine and ready to go, saves messing about with disks or an hxc.  8)

Like I said I know the GX4000 will be a priority, but I would like to store some of the best games at least on the Cart ready to go now that Gerald as made this possible, it looks so much neater than have an external hxc plugged in ( no way am I cutting up my Amstrad to put internally )  :o  ;D

Quote from: seanb on 10:22, 06 May 15
I think others should look at converting games as well.
The programmes there for everyone to use.
Maybe Craig could jot down some basic instructions when the next update to no$cart comes out.
I'm willing to do a few. In fact I would like to try.

Perhaps someone could investigate how to remap some keyboard only commands to the joypad so others can participate and upload a few games.

That Sounds like a plan! I'd love to convert games myself but it would need to be really easy and the program would need to run on windows with a gui  :-[
I agree It would be nice if others look at converting games as well.  :)

Quote from: CraigsBar on 09:03, 06 May 15
will take a look at ik+ and buggy boy tonight.

Nice one.  :)

seanb

if I'm able to get to grips with no$cart I'll be converting games regardless if it works on the gx4000 or not.
There's no rule that says it has to be gx4000 compatible. The c4cpc is our card and we can use it how we want.

I will however name the file so that it's obvious it's 6128 only so people can keep them separate and there's no confusion

remax

Quote from: seanb on 11:54, 06 May 15
if I'm able to get to grips with no$cart I'll be converting games regardless if it works on the gx4000 or not.
There's no rule that says it has to be gx4000 compatible. The c4cpc is our card and we can use it how we want.

I will however name the file so that it's obvious it's 6128 only so people can keep them separate and there's no confusion

Of course, there is no rules ;D . It's just that when there is other way to play, it's not a number one priority, except if someone decide to devote its time to it.

It's really easy to use, major overhaul is that it needs linux forcing me to launch a Virtual Machine, with all the hassle to transfert files between the two "machines"
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Quote from: remax on 12:08, 06 May 15
Of course, there is no rules ;D . It's just that when there is other way to play, it's not a number one priority, except if someone decide to devote its time to it.

It's really easy to use, major overhaul is that it needs linux forcing me to launch a Virtual Machine, with all the hassle to transfert files between the two "machines"
lol my problem is the other way round. I need a windows VM on my Mac to use cpcdiskxp to insert the patched bas or bin files into a dsk to convert to CPR under osx.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

arnoldemu

Quote from: seanb on 11:54, 06 May 15

Correct!

You are free to use the original no$cart if you want - but be aware it's cprs definitely don't work on gx4000 or 464plus and you need DOS to run it. Windows 8 can't run it.

You are free to use the newer nocart to make carts that are only for 6128plus - the advantage is that this tool produces carts that can be used on gx4000/464Plus and you don't need DOS, you can compile it under linux/mac and run it natively.

I requested that when people share carts they indicate if it requires 6128Plus, or has keyboard only controls, just so others are aware what to expect.

:)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

arnoldemu

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:18, 06 May 15
lol my problem is the other way round. I need a windows VM on my Mac to use cpcdiskxp to insert the patched bas or bin files into a dsk to convert to CPR under osx.
Use cpcxfs. ;)

compile it natively under osx.

it's command-line based though.

My games. My Games

arnoldemu

Quote from: remax on 12:08, 06 May 15

nocart doesn't need linux. I only compiled it for linux because I use it at home. I can put a windows exe in the next release.
My games. My Games

arnoldemu

I am planning a gui for nocart. That will come after the next release.
My games. My Games

CraigsBar

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:41, 06 May 15
Use cpcxfs. ;)

compile it natively under osx.

it's command-line based though.
I have iDSK installed and this works fine to extract files from the dsk, but when putting them back it corrupts them. I might give cpcxfs a look as well tonight.

remax

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:42, 06 May 15
nocart doesn't need linux. I only compiled it for linux because I use it at home. I can put a windows exe in the next release.

what would it need to compile under MinGW?

EDIT : erf, i didn't even tried to compile it under windows, and yes it compile without problem

here is the  nocart 1.4 windows binary, i don't remember what my default settings are, so might be 64bits

It's gonna be easier for anybody to create their cpr, GX4000 or not.

So please comply to arnoldemu request : do tell if it's 64K or greater, and if the games needs keyboard or not.

EDIT : DL removed, look here
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:43, 06 May 15
I am planning a gui for nocart. That will come after the next release.

That's nice to know, thanks for that.  :)

yurif74

oh, turrican 1 & 2 on GX4000 would be supreme :D

CraigsBar

Quote from: yurif74 on 16:08, 06 May 15
I know, and since the discs are almost standard system format, very doable. Watch this space.

seanb

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:42, 06 May 15

A windows exe would be fantastic.
I'll give the next one a go to get used to it but a gui would also be fantastic  :D

remax

Quote from: seanb on 17:53, 06 May 15
A windows exe would be fantastic.

Given you liked my post, i guess you saw that i compiled a windows exe ?
Brain Radioactivity

Kris

Quote from: yurif74 on 16:08, 06 May 15

Just make a trial with Turrican 1 (version from CNGsoft): for this game, keyboard is required so forget about playing on GX4000.
I have tested it on my CPC+ and works up to now: any feedback is welcome; enjoy this great game.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Kris on 18:19, 06 May 15

Just make a trial with Turrican 1 (version from CNGsoft): for this game, keyboard is required so forget about playing on GX4000.
I have tested it on my CPC+ and works up to now: any feedback is welcome; enjoy this great game.
Yep, that is why I stopped using the CNG Rips that have trainers. Until I find a way of bypassing the CNGSoft trainers (Or remapping the options Y/N to 1/2 in the pad) I am only using the compacted with no trainer games from there.

I know turrican works. If someone else want's to tackle a GX friendly version of Turrican then I won't complain ;)

dragon

Quote from: remax on 13:54, 06 May 15
what would it need to compile under MinGW?

EDIT : erf, i didn't even tried to compile it under windows, and yes it compile without problem

here is the  nocart 1.4 windows binary, i don't remember what my default settings are, so might be 64bits

It's gonna be easier for anybody to create their cpr, GX4000 or not.

So please comply to arnoldemu request : do tell if it's 64K or greater, and if the games needs keyboard or not.

Ohhh, plese when release no$cart in windows remember There are people with a penitum 4 northwood (only 32bis).  :'(

seanb

Quote from: remax on 18:09, 06 May 15
Given you liked my post, i guess you saw that i compiled a windows exe ?

Yeah but only after if posted that comment.
I'll give it a whirl at the weekend  :)

remax

Quote from: dragon on 18:37, 06 May 15
Ohhh, plese when release no$cart in windows remember There are people with a penitum 4 northwood (only 32bis).  :'(

Well give it a try, it might be a 32bit exe. If not, i'll try to make one, even if i'm no expert at compilation :D
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Oh its x64 thats because i  i wrote  :'( ,or not is winxp compatible. :).

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 09:03, 06 May 15
will take a look at ik+ and buggy boy tonight.
IK+ is a dodgy format and the trainer has lots of Keyboard options. That one will remain unconverted by me. My target is GX4000 compatibility.

However Buggy boy is done and uploaded.

remax

Quote from: dragon on 18:55, 06 May 15
Oh its x64 thats because i  i wrote  :'( ,or not is winxp compatible. :) .

Ok i'll look what i can do
Brain Radioactivity

Kris

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:02, 06 May 15
IK+ is a dodgy format and the trainer has lots of Keyboard options. That one will remain unconverted by me. My target is GX4000 compatibility.

However Buggy boy is done and uploaded.

IK+ has already been dumped to .CPR version a long time ago, look: CPCRULEZ &#9733 AMSTRAD CPC &#9733 GAMESLIST &#9733 INTERNATIONAL KARATE PLUS