News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

CraigsBar

Quote from: seanb on 11:14, 06 May 15
I have seen that before.
Never played it and can't wait  8)
Your wait is nearly over, Conversion is complete and tested on the GX4000. but I just noticed that the Continue needs you to press c... will see if I can patch that before uploading
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:02, 06 May 15
IK+ is a dodgy format and the trainer has lots of Keyboard options. That one will remain unconverted by me. My target is GX4000 compatibility.

However Buggy boy is done and uploaded.

Sorry about IK+ but it looks like is has been available for awhile, I didn't know that, I normally only check CPC-Power.
I was trying to check what games could be started with the joystick to try and help.  ;D

Cheers for Buggy Boy though.  8)

Quote from: Kris on 19:05, 06 May 15

IK+ has already been dumped to .CPR version a long time ago, look: CPCRULEZ &#9733 AMSTRAD CPC &#9733 GAMESLIST &#9733 INTERNATIONAL KARATE PLUS

Cheers for that, I didn't know.  :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:07, 06 May 15
Your wait is nearly over, Conversion is complete and tested on the GX4000. but I just noticed that the Continue needs you to press c... will see if I can patch that before uploading
OK I cannot see how to remap the C to Continue, so you need to complete the game in 1 credit (3 lives)

uploaded anyway.

Kris

Just transfert BuggyBoy but not tested because i'm out of house at the moment ;)
If someone can give it a trial : if it doesn't work then I will deleted it.

Thank you.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:20, 06 May 15
Sorry about IK+ but it looks like is has been available for awhile, I didn't know that, I normally only check CPC-Power.
I was trying to check what games could be started with the joystick to try and help.  ;D

Cheers for Buggy Boy though.  8)

Cheers for that, I didn't know.  :)
That IK+ was converted with No$Cart (I guess) and as such does not actually work on a GX4000, so unless @arnoldemu can patch the CPR we are no closer. It does have a lovely loading screen tho.

Phantomz

My IK+ disk has no trainer, no idea if its any good to use.  ;)

remax

Quote from: dragon on 18:55, 06 May 15
Oh its x64 thats because i  i wrote  :'( ,or not is winxp compatible. :) .

Tell me if that's ok with nocart32.exe
Brain Radioactivity

seanb

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:25, 06 May 15
OK I cannot see how to remap the C to Continue, so you need to complete the game in 1 credit (3 lives)

uploaded anyway.

I play too many games these days with infinite lives or that can't be not finished.
About time I went back to the 80s.
let's see how good I am
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Manu

I've just received mine... best purchase of the year so far  8)

Thanks Gerald!

Phantomz

Woot I just did my first disk to cpr and without a gui  8)

It's for the 6128 Plus computer, it's " Chase HQ " it had to be the first game I tried to convert.  ;D

I've just also done " Target Renegade " for 6128 Plus users.  :)

I have also done a couple more games that I hope will also work on the GX4000, these are WEC le Mans and Way of the Exploding Fist  :D

WEC le Mans can be started and played with the joystick no problem  :) just completed the game, no sign of a highscore table.

Way of the Exploding Fist  can be started and played with the joystick no problem, but only 1 player as I believe 2nd player needs keyboard, not sure if there is a highscore table etc.

I hope all these work ok, hopefully I can make more cpr's later now.  ;D

arnoldemu

I made a new tool:

http://cpctech.cpc-live.com/download/makesys.zip

Source code included, can build on windows with visual studio 2013. I will build windows exes soon.

Use this tool if you want to make a system/basic cartridge.

Choose your combination of firmware/os, basic and dos and make a cart that can be used on 464plus and 6128plus.
This will save craig catting and splitting files ;)

generated cart doesn't include burning rubber.

so you could choose fw3.1, basic 1.0 and parados if you wanted ;)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

CraigsBar

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:29, 07 May 15
I made a new tool:

http://cpctech.cpc-live.com/download/makesys.zip

Source code included, can build on windows with visual studio 2013. I will build windows exes soon.

Use this tool if you want to make a system/basic cartridge.

Choose your combination of firmware/os, basic and dos and make a cart that can be used on 464plus and 6128plus.
This will save craig catting and splitting files ;)

generated cart doesn't include burning rubber.

so you could choose fw3.1, basic 1.0 and parados if you wanted ;)
excellent, thanks.

Phantomz

I hope the games I uploaded work ok, I can only try in emulation at the moment but they all worked fine with that, hardware should be here any day now  ;D

Do we have to add them to Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki ourselves or will someone do it?  :)

Also will there be a new section for converted 6128 Plus games with the same sort of layout, like Name, Year, Author, Converted by etc.  :)

I've done a couple more, I hope these work too, they do in emulation, the first is " Paperboy 128k version (music hack) " for the 6128 PLUS.

The second game is " International Karate Plus " hopefully it will work on the GX4000, works on the 464 plus in emulation.

I hope all these get added if they work ok, enjoy  ;D

dragon

n00b

1st impressions of the shell (still prototype):

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 15:44, 07 May 15
I hope the games I uploaded work ok, I can only try in emulation at the moment but they all worked fine with that, hardware should be here any day now  ;D

Do we have to add them to Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki ourselves or will someone do it?  :)

Also will there be a new section for converted 6128 Plus games with the same sort of layout, like Name, Year, Author, Converted by etc.  :)

I've done a couple more, I hope these work too, they do in emulation, the first is " Paperboy 128k version (music hack) " for the 6128 PLUS.

The second game is " International Karate Plus " hopefully it will work on the GX4000, works on the 464 plus in emulation.

I hope all these get added if they work ok, enjoy  ;D

Would be better if you add them yourself. It's really easy.

When i can i add them, but there are some moments when i will not have the time at all and then they'll be at the risk of being lost in the topic (evenmore if you don't post them in the GX4000 topic when you believe they work on it).
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 16:25, 07 May 15
Would be better if you add them yourself. It's really easy.

When i can i add them, but there are some moments when i will not have the time at all and then they'll be at the risk of being lost in the topic (evenmore if you don't post them in the GX4000 topic when you believe they work on it).

I've never added them before, so will have to look into it, I'd prefer them to be tested first if possible, like I said I should have hardware soon, then I could hopefully just test new stuff and add it myself.

Just an idea, maybe someone could add them whilst we are busy looking for games that can be started and played with just the joystick, as that takes a lot of time, looking at instructions and loading the game to see if it can be started with the joystick, then you have to find a disk that can be converted ok, all takes time.  :o   ;D

Been busy finding another, it can be started with the joystick and you can enter your name in the highscore table, it's " Sorcery " I think you only need the joystick for this game, I've heard it's good but I haven't played it yet.  :D

Guy0me

Quote from: n00b on 16:21, 07 May 15
1st impressions of the shell (still prototype):
Awesome work !  8)

Ast

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Ast

Quote from: Kris on 19:30, 06 May 15
Just transfert BuggyBoy but not tested because i'm out of house at the moment ;)
If someone can give it a trial : if it doesn't work then I will deleted it.

Thank you.
I hope you converted iMPACT's version.  ;D

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:43, 07 May 15
I've never added them before, so will have to look into it, I'd prefer them to be tested first if possible, like I said I should have hardware soon, then I could hopefully just test new stuff and add it myself.

Just an idea, maybe someone could add them whilst we are busy looking for games that can be started and played with just the joystick, as that takes a lot of time, looking at instructions and loading the game to see if it can be started with the joystick, then you have to find a disk that can be converted ok, all takes time.  :o   ;D

Been busy finding another, it can be started with the joystick and you can enter your name in the highscore table, it's " Sorcery " I think you only need the joystick for this game, I've heard it's good but I haven't played it yet.  :D

Sorcery works fine, i'll add it to the wiki

EDIT : oh, you are already doing this...
Brain Radioactivity

Phantomz

Quote from: remax on 19:01, 07 May 15
Sorcery works fine, i'll add it to the wiki

EDIT : oh, you are already doing this...

lol, thought I'd better had, just In case it didn't get done and the games got lost in this thread like you said.  ;)

Not sure where to upload the 6128 plus games though!  ??? you can add them if you know where people want them, cheers  :)

remax

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:29, 07 May 15
lol, thought I'd better had, just In case it didn't get done and the games got lost in this thread like you said.  ;)

Not sure where to upload the 6128 plus games though!  ??? you can add them if you know where people want them, cheers  :)

Well, if someone wants to create a page, do it. I don't want to be involved.

But like HFE files, nearly every game for the CPC will make a good cartdrige for the 6128plus, so i think it will be hard to track and store them all, and i think it would be wiser to let the conversion to the users, as soon as arnoldemu will have released his GUI version.
Brain Radioactivity

yurif74

is there a sort of "tutorial" on how to make Cpr files? i could help making some conversion in my spare times

McKlain

We should add a short manual to the first post of the GX4000 conversions thread.

Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic