News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC464 stereo audio output

Started by repetto74, 12:29, 05 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

repetto74

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question concerning the stereo audio output on the CPC464. Is that native from the audio jack? I have hooked a stereo jack cable to my PC speakers but I do only get a mono sound from one speaker only. :)
Actually I did not built the audio part on the CPC464 Scart cable because i was thinking using directly the audio output to my PC speakers.

Bryce

You should be getting "Stereo" sound from that port, however, the "stereo" depends on which AY channels the music uses. If the music is all being done with channel A then it will only be coming from one speaker.

Bryce.

repetto74

Hi Bryce,

Thanks a lot for the clarification  ;D . Actually I did try only one game on tape. I have 7 games tape with the CPC464, all looks like crap games from Amsoft. I do not think any of these will have stereo sound coded :-D

LambdaMikel

Quote from: repetto74 on 11:57, 06 November 17I do not think any of these will have stereo sound coded :-D

Stereo can't be avoided, actually - it's 3 channels on the AY, one for left, one for right, one for both. So, if your game is polyphone, it will be stereo.

mr_lou

As already stated, stereo is unavoidable (unless you use a mono jack-plug).

Most music isn't created with stereo in mind though. Most tracks are like "melody in one speaker, bass in the other", and that just sounds annoying with headphones.
But I have created a track that should (theoretically) sound awesome with headphones on, demonstrating some decent stereo.

Download my musicdisk "Nightshift" and listen to the track "Asian Agent" with headphones on. Then you should be able to hear lots of stereo effects.

http://cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=9250

repetto74

Hi Mr Lou,

Thanks I will give a try at your sample  ;D