News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CTM-640 Vid

Started by ComSoft6128, 18:08, 19 February 18

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

Bryce

Bit of a suprise that you've the most "southern" Scottish accent that I've ever heard :D

Bryce.

ComSoft6128

Sounds Australian to me.

pelrun

Nah, it's a New Zealand accent, although it sounds like he's spent a bit of time over here (or vice versa.)

I wouldn't expect anyone other than an Aussie, Kiwi or linguist to tell the difference, though.

Audronic

It Took a Good Listen But i think it is a New Zealander (Very similar to Australian) But he did not say " six " once, to us that sounds like " Sex "

Good video

Thanks

Ray ( Over the Ditch )
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

ervin

Definitely a kiwi, without a doubt.
Possibly one now living in Aus though.

ComSoft6128

Hi everyone,

For about the last year I have been downloading Amstrad videos (Using 4K Video Downloader) from YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion to watch on the TV. Most Amstrad videos available are games orientated but there are a few for Amstrad hardware and even one or two for non-game software. Though not a hardware type myself, it is interesting to see how machines can be repaired, modded etc. If I find any that may be of interest I will post them for you to look at.
Here is one for today - nice looking mod - not so sure about the music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyPulZDm7Yk

Bryce

I considered doing a retro computer repair channel on Youtube at one time, but lack of time, an accent that no-one would understand and several other factors stopped me from doing it. I prefer hardware tutorials to be written anyway, as it's easier to reference back to a document.

@ComSoft6128: I did actually think that you were posting a video that you had made... Until he started talking.

Btw: The LM7800 is an extremely robust part, it's highly likely that just the capacitor needed to be changed. He may have been getting 11V on the IC, but if the capacitor was in that state, most of the current could have been going through the capacitor instead of supplying the 7800.

Bryce.

ComSoft6128

Hi Bryce,

Good point, I will highlight the author in future videos.

Cheers,

Peter