News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DDI3 Latest Firmware

Started by GadgetUK164, 19:23, 03 April 18

Previous topic - Next topic

GadgetUK164

Hi,

I've just bought a DDI3 from Zaxon and I think it has a newer firmware or something.  I cannot get any of the AUTOBOOT.HFE 'disk selectors' to run - they all start up, then when it says initialising, it comes up HXCERROR_FLOPPYACCESSERROR.   If I remove the AUTOBOOT.HFE and change the config file to stop that autoboot, I can then use the next and prev buttons to navigate between the folders and .DSK files (yes, .DSK, not .HFE - it seems it just supports .DSK now).   I've been managing using it this way, but its a pain navigating up and down large folders etc.   I also notice that when navigating between files the scroll speed is insanely fast to the point I cannot read the filename.  If I press select it stops on that file and the scrolling is then OK.   I tried reducing the scroll speed using the Win executable to alter the config (.cfg) file and that makes no difference.

Just hoping someone else has come across these issues, but I suspect it might be a fairly new firmware or something...
https://www.youtube.com/GadgetUK164 -  Retro Gaming Repairs & Mods

Vyper68

Has he changed the firmware from HxC to FlashFloppy by any chance? - I had a DDI-3 and it had HxC firmware and worked fine and i updated the firmware myself as they were released no problems.
I have a Gotek drive with Flash Floppy firmware and it is a nightmare getting it to run the HxC Autoboot file selector and i had errors you describe in the end i gave up hoping it might get fixed at a later update but the last one made things worse and i haven't tried since.

The other thing which i know sounds a bit patronising the switches are set correctly?
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

tjohnson

Yes the new ones sold come with the "free" firmware i guess that either means lower price or more profit or a bit of both.   I presume you could replace with the hxc software from jeff

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Vyper68

Quote from: tjohnson on 14:25, 04 April 18
Yes the new ones sold come with the "free" firmware i guess that either means lower price or more profit or a bit of both.   I presume you could replace with the hxc software from jeff

Yes Flash Floppy is free where you have to pay for a HxC Licence. I doesn't look like the price has gone down on SMR though.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

tjohnson

Quote from: Vyper68 on 17:08, 04 April 18
Yes Flash Floppy is free where you have to pay for a HxC Licence. I doesn't look like the price has gone down on SMR though.
Strange that