News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Dk'Tronics 64k Expansion Price ?

Started by 260Z, 00:31, 28 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

260Z

Hi all ,

Just wondering what one of these puppies should be worth ?

I say this having just payed $60 ( Australian ) / £30 for one :)

I'm looking for an original setup , so I'm happy to have paid this much. Despite the fact that I don't even have a machine yet , lol

Rob

Dizrythmia

I paid $35 about 10 years ago, so taking inflation into account I think you did pretty well :)

00WReX

Considering how often (not very) these come up for sale (anywhere) I'd say that you did OK on that  ;)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

260Z

Quote from: 00WReX on 06:38, 28 July 15
Considering how often (not very) these come up for sale (anywhere) I'd say that you did OK on that  ;)

Cheers,
Shane
Thanks for the feedback Dizrythmia & Shane

Yea , from what I have been reading they don't come up very often.
There was a UK listing this morning for a complete 464 system. What should I see hanging out of the back of it ? , you guessed it  ;D . I made him an offer to separate it for me , and he accepted.

Dizrythmia

Are you going to upgrade it to 256k? I've been considering doing that with mine.

260Z

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 07:01, 28 July 15
Are you going to upgrade it to 256k? I've been considering doing that with mine.
I was just thinking about that exact thing. Fingers crossed it is the model that can be, if so I'll be straight onto it.

00WReX

I also considered upgrading mine but in the interest of keeping it original I left it alone.

Then got one of these...

X-MEM MX4 Board - Cent Pour Cent

512K is even better  ;)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Dizrythmia

I've been meaning to buy one but every time something happens to prevent me from doing it. Last pay it was the 6128+ I just bought, this pay period it will be a copy of Fire Emblem on GameCube ($199 right there) that's sitting at my local Gametraders store ready to pick up once it's paid for. I'll try again next fortnight :)

260Z

Quote from: 00WReX on 07:15, 28 July 15
I also considered upgrading mine but in the interest of keeping it original I left it alone.

Then got one of these...

X-MEM MX4 Board - Cent Pour Cent

512K is even better  ;)

Cheers,
Shane

Yes , was checking them out about an hour ago.  Going to be an absolute must buy, I feel.

I'm still climbing a vertical learning curve at the moment.  Every discovery unearthes a dozen more questions/options , lol. Give me a week and I'll have it under control  :D

CPC_Fan

I would say that is a good price for one 260Z. It's always good when you can get hardware for a reasonable price and not the over the top one that a lot of things go for on EBay...

Definitely get an X-Mem and mother x4 board when you can afford it, it's well worth the investment  :)

TFM

A X-MEM is 1 MB of memory for 30 bucks! Can't beat that!  :P ;) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

260Z

Just scored a DDi-1 disk drive  ;D

Now for the Colour Monitor ! . If anyone in Australia has one let me know , will pay good money  :)