Does the Amstrad GX4000 gamepad work on a regular Amstrad CPC 6128 (not plus)?

Started by cwpab, 16:04, 17 March 13

Previous topic - Next topic

cwpab

Simple question:

- Does the Amstrad GX4000 gamepad work on a regular Amstrad CPC 6128 (not plus)?

And yes, I am talking about this one:

beaker

cwpab

Thanks! Will have to buy one then.  ;D

Was the crosshair any good?

EgoTrip

I borrowed one of the GX4000 pads from someone back in the day, for use on a bare bones 464, and found it to be a very good pad. I was gutted when I had to give it back.

The only niggle I would have with it now is the fire buttons would ideally need to be reversed, due to using Nintendo systems for so long.

cwpab

Yeah I see your point, probably the only fire button for most games is always the one on the left, correct? Which is a shame as the one on the right is the most easy to reach.
Fortunately many games can redefine the joystick buttons too...

fano

6128 can support up to 3 buttons.The Plus pad is not that bad (this is the one myself and my soon use every day), its only flaw is the cross plastic is very hard so it is not suited for very long and intensive play , except that it is precise enough.
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

TFM

Well, I think the pad is ok, even good. But personally I prefer joysticks, which can suck themselves on a table. I changed one of them one day for haveing fire 1, 2 and 3. Thanks' to some steel parts it works since about 18 years. But ... my pad are also still working  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus