News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

EME-157 Schematics

Started by Bryce, 10:19, 08 September 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Hi,
     are there schematics available anywhere for the EME-157 (5V CPC6128+ Disk Drive)?

Bryce.

Munchausen

Not as far as I know but I do have one... I can dig it out later and take photos of the board if that's any help?

Bryce

I have one here that I'm repairing. Q3 (a reverse polarity protection Diode/Varistor type thing) is blown. I'd like to find out exactly what value this part normally has. The markings don't help (NI1004-06 - Not a valid diode/varistor part No.). I will use a generic part otherwise, but it would have been nice to find the exact part.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 11:32, 08 September 14
I have one here that I'm repairing. Q3 (a reverse polarity protection Diode/Varistor type thing) is blown. I'd like to find out exactly what value this part normally has. The markings don't help (NI1004-06 - Not a valid diode/varistor part No.). I will use a generic part otherwise, but it would have been nice to find the exact part.

Bryce.

Did you ever find out what part this was @Bryce ? I have one here with the same part failed. thus no 5v supply to most of the drive. Can you advise what I need to replace it with, other than sabotaging my other [working] EME 157 for it.

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

Quote from: CraigsBar on 10:50, 19 March 21
Did you ever find out what part this was @Bryce ? I have one here with the same part failed. thus no 5v supply to most of the drive. Can you advise what I need to replace it with, other than sabotaging my other [working] EME 157 for it.

High-tech solution: I replaced it with a piece of wire. :)

Bryce.

CraigsBar

I might go more technical..... And use a diode!  :laugh:
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

Quote from: CraigsBar on 13:37, 19 March 21
I might go more technical..... And use a diode!  :laugh:

That just makes things complicated, with component direction, voltage drop and stuff! :D

Bryce.