News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Find this amstrad 464

Started by S0nic, 17:48, 04 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

S0nic

i find this amstrad, i wish to know 2 things, is this regular look or some rare because i have another cpc 464 looks different then this, this power supply is this home made or factory? i ask because say's 5V and that letter's is factory made? can you send me pictures of original power supply for this unit , help

steve

The power supply is built into the monitor, so find a picture of a GT 64, GT 65, CTM 640, or CTM 644 and you can see what the power supply looks like :)

Here is a wiki page detailing the various keyboard versions Keyboard Versions - CPCWiki

CraigsBar

Poor battered old Cpc 464. That really needs some tlc.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

McKlain

It needs a bath, really.

MaV

This one looks like a German CPC464, the keys are not coloured. It has the Amstrad logo, so it has been sold after Schneider and Amstrad quit their business partnership.

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

S0nic

Quote from: MaV on 20:25, 04 November 14
This one looks like a German CPC464, the keys are not coloured. It has the Amstrad logo, so it has been sold after Schneider and Amstrad quit their business partnership.

ok . thanks is this little harder to find edition or just regular ;) thanks

S0nic

Quote from: steve on 17:56, 04 November 14
The power supply is built into the monitor, so find a picture of a GT 64, GT 65, CTM 640, or CTM 644 and you can see what the power supply looks like :)

Here is a wiki page detailing the various keyboard versions Keyboard Versions - CPCWiki

thanks, can he work without monitor on tv or commodore monitor?

S0nic

why this part of case around power supply and monitor cable looks like damaged ?

S0nic

Quote from: McKlain on 20:13, 04 November 14
It needs a bath, really.

i find him on flea market i will clean him ;)

McKlain

Quote from: S0nic on 15:16, 05 November 14
why this part of case around power supply and monitor cable looks like damaged ?

It looks like they did some repair job on it. A lousy one.

MaV

Quote from: S0nic on 15:14, 05 November 14ok . thanks is this little harder to find edition or just regular ;) thanks
Schneider sold the CPC from 84 to 88. Amstrad and Schneider quit their partnership in early 88, and then Amstrad tried to enter the German-speaking market via Amstrad GmbH, but weren't very successful.
The German Amstrad is certainly rarer than the Schneider CPC, but unfortunately we don't have any sales figures to know how much rarer it is. :/

Optimus

Does it say in the tape "ΚΑΚΕΙΑ"

In greek, it would mean "Evil" or "Bad".
I guess this is a cursed CPC :)

steve

Quote from: S0nic on 15:15, 05 November 14
thanks, can he work without monitor on tv or commodore monitor?

Yes, you can find PSU and scart leads on ebay regularly, if you don't have a tv with scart input, you can probably find a scart to "other" connection kit to suit whatever you do have.

TFM

Quote from: MaV on 20:25, 04 November 14

So it's very rare.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MaV

Quote from: TFM on 16:52, 05 November 14So it's very rare.
Well, yes. But we're just guessing.

I'd like to have hard facts, like - ratio of Schneider CPC464:Amstrad CPC464 (German) -> 1000:1. Only when we have that, can we definitely say so.

TFM

Ok, you catched me joking ;-)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MaV

S0nic

Quote from: MaV on 22:54, 05 November 14
Ah, ok. ;)

so this is not rare unit, just regular?

i will clean this next week probably

S0nic

is this power supply i need on 220v? can i use aftermarket powersupply?

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Amstrad_MP-1.jpg

McKlain

That's not just a power supply, it's an RF modulator also.

You can use any power supply wich gives you 5 volts and 2 Amps. You also would need a video cable to connect the CPC to a TV via RGB.

S0nic

Quote from: McKlain on 00:18, 08 November 14
That's not just a power supply, it's an RF modulator also.

You can use any power supply wich gives you 5 volts and 2 Amps. You also would need a video cable to connect the CPC to a TV via RGB.

ok thanks ;)

did you think that this is rare amstrad or just common model thanks

Gryzor

Oh! Poor 464 in desperate need of affection and care...

MaV

*sigh*

The Amstrad CPC 464 with grey keys is not "regular", because this Amstrad CPC 464 is rarer than the English CPC 464 with the colour keys, and rarer than the Schneider CPC 464.

Your Amstrad 464 with the grey keys is "more special" than most other models (not that this is important).

We don't know the sales numbers, so there will be no definitive answer to that. And any that say so are not sincere.

Having said that, of the four that I have, two are Schneider 464 (old and new model), one is an Amstrad 464 with colour keys, and one is an Amstrad 464 with grey keys, just like yours.

S0nic

Quote from: MaV on 11:41, 08 November 14
*sigh*

The Amstrad CPC 464 with grey keys is not "regular", because this Amstrad CPC 464 is rarer than the English CPC 464 with the colour keys, and rarer than the Schneider CPC 464.

Your Amstrad 464 with the grey keys is "more special" than most other models (not that this is important).

We don't know the sales numbers, so there will be no definitive answer to that. And any that say so are not sincere.

Having said that, of the four that I have, two are Schneider 464 (old and new model), one is an Amstrad 464 with colour keys, and one is an Amstrad 464 with grey keys, just like yours.

ok great thanks, i have job to clean some nes carts when i finish that i will clean amstrad and make some pics here ))

robcfg

If the mainboard is not on the CPCWiki's Mainboard Versions page, it would be nice to have nice pictures from both sides.