Fitting a more recent keyboard to 1st version membrane/mainboard CPC 464

Started by Cribbyrhymes, 20:47, 11 October 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Cribbyrhymes

I have a first version mainboard Z70100 and first version keyboard membrane Z70101 and what to know is there any way to get these to work with a newer version of the keyboard as Im struggling to track down a 1st version keyboard but have two newer Z70211 versions with the ribbon cable membranes.
Thanks

Badstarr

Not too clued up on model numbers but getting the keyboard to work should be pretty much a case of soldering the appropriate connector to the PCB. When I modded my GX4000 into a CPC I first used a poly membrane keyboard, but this had some issues (worn out) and I had to fit a version 1 PCB style keyboard instead.

If you are lucky there might be an unpopulated area connected to the 1st version main board keyboard header. Basically a duplicate set of connections if memory serves this is label something like CP1. I had jump one of the connections to another to make it compatible with the Plus/GX4000 but I don't think this would be necessary on the standard 464.

Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

Cribbyrhymes

Hi thanks for the reply, checked out the board but it has no spare headers, the later boards seem to have but not this first version.  Thanks for the reply though.