News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Floppy sd card adapter

Started by radu14m, 20:03, 29 November 12

Previous topic - Next topic

radu14m

Will this adapter work  in our CPCs ?
has anyone try it already ?

TFM

Interresting idea!
Well, it depends if this pseudo floppy disc is able to work in Double-Density (DD) mode. If it only works in High-Density (HD) mode, it may not work with the CPC. (However I know some quick FDC routines ;-))
Now the fascinating part is proably the organisation of the File-System. It must be somehow based on DOS format, but with different values in the boot sector, to allow access to more than 1.44 MB.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

radu14m

If this would work, then this would be the cheapest version of HxC adapter  ;D

TotO

Only HD and need a special driver on the computer... Useless since 10 years. ;)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Well, the CPC can perform fast enough for HD speed. The problem is the data transfer protocol. I don't like to retroengeneer that... (tooo time consuming). So... maybe s/o knows about it. Anybody?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

This product is obsolette and no more produced since years. (replaced by multimedia cards readers)

Launch a Kickstarter to get the same as a 3" floppy disk (support from the Firmware), and you will be my god. ;)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Niiice; I'd never thought of that - the equivalent of a tape mp3 adapter/player. Looks cool, too, shame it doesn't play ball though.