Author Topic: FPGAmstrad on MiST-board  (Read 18956 times)

Offline Sykobee (Briggsy)

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 187
Re: FPGAmstrad on MiST-board
« Reply #140 on: 00:27, 05 April 17 »
Nice work.

Did you see the ZX-UNO CPC Core that's in development?

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
  • Liked: 2343
« Reply #141 on: 09:41, 05 April 17 »
r005.8.14.1 : TV mode using VSYNC/HSYNC xor and Gerald VSYNC/HSYNC width formula.

This version was realised with atari forum team, testing several experimental forks.

It does output 15kHz original signal on SCART. Do use mist.ini scandoubler_disable=1 (see http://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki/DocIni)

Sorry FDC work will be for a next time : my r005.8.15 candidate version does fail 80% of arnol

Wait... SCART? Am I missing something??

Nice work.
Did you see the ZX-UNO CPC Core that's in development?

Ha, saw that last night just before going to bed and saved it to take a look today... the menu looks awesome!

Online freemac

• CPC6128
  • Liked: 158
« Reply #142 on: 14:39, 05 April 17 »

Wait... SCART? Am I missing something??
MiST has an option to switch between VGA and SCART output. It's call scandoubler_disable option in mist.ini file.
If you set this value at true, the original CPC signal is output (15KHz), and can work in some TVs.

Ha, saw that last night just before going to bed and saved it to take a look today... the menu looks awesome!
Seen, he is using the same approach I did in FPGAmstrad (RAM+VGA)

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
  • Liked: 2343
« Reply #143 on: 15:18, 05 April 17 »
Ahhh VGA to SCART cable... never done that!!

Online freemac

• CPC6128
« Reply #144 on: 22:22, 01 May 17 »

I'll be present at THSF festival, 2017 may 25 - 28.http://mixart-myrys.org/agenda/2017/mai/thsf-2017/

Online freemac

• CPC6128
« Reply #145 on: 20:04, 07 May 17 »
amstrad_170507_r005.8.14.2e.rbf : TV mode OK, but with some little h-offset bug (one half-char), and still no borders.

Online freemac

• CPC6128
« Reply #146 on: 01:37, 11 May 17 »

r005.8.14.2 : TV mode with border and screen well centered.
Games tested OK in TV mode : RTypee128K, Mammouth (RESET20 demo), Arkanoid, Donkey Kong, Star Sabre, Tempest.
« Last Edit: 23:50, 13 May 17 by freemac »

Offline Nodoyuna

• Speccy
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #147 on: 20:55, 18 May 17 »
Hi
I'm a new user of Mist FPGA and I'm amazed of the cores available for it
I'm checking the cores and now I'm checking your Amstrad core
Please forgive me if I make novice questions, but I'm no expert in FPGA or Amstrad itself (I used to have a C64 machine)

First, as I've read on this topic, the core implements an Amstrad CPC 6128, right?
Are there any plan (in the future) of implement the CPC 464 model?
I'm asking because of the TAP images available and that cannot be played on 6128 core right now
Same question about cartridges... Do you have plans of implement them in the future?

Maybe the CPC 464 model (and even the "console version" GX4000 model) can be added to the current Amstrad core as optional features (as I've seen on other cores, that implements various models of the main machine)

Besides that, real contratulations on having this core running in some mature form... I have my mist connected to a CRT TV with the VGA to SCART cable and it's really great to see the machines running in their native resolution

About my questions, thanks in advance for the (possible) answers

Cheers

Online freemac

• CPC6128
« Reply #148 on: 00:02, 19 May 17 »
Hi,

An effort about reading tapes could be great (added to TODO-list), but that shall be a big effort (about time).
I've asked Till, he has no returns about choosing two differents format of files in OSD. But I think I can hack it, resulting on a proof of concept, but for that... I first have to proove that I can read CDT format.

The CPC+ version is also a great challenge, but I don't know if current platform could support it. There is really nice demos in CPC+, but I do prefer to stupidly focus on validating 6128 version. CPC+ is "more complex" than CPC, it's a CPC with a lot of addons. If my CPC is not mature, not way to begin a CPC+ (but Markus does succeed on it... so....)

Next steps will be about FDC, and then about Z80 itself... I've got a lot of luck having testbench to progress this way.

Luck has to be provocated.

Offline Bryce

• The Hardware Guy.
  • Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • It's not broken, it just hasn't been fixed yet.
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 2995
« Reply #149 on: 00:41, 19 May 17 »
I think @ralferoo had already written FPGA code for tape reading for his FPGA CPC. Maybe you can borrow some code from him?

Bryce.