News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Free Trojan Phaser for the CPCPlus

Started by TFM, 01:20, 16 February 12

Previous topic - Next topic

remax

Quote from: TFM on 21:31, 07 August 14
Everybody is kinda... but you can attend a meeting.  :)

Why not  ;)
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Try putting your left hand extended parallel to the finish of the cannon. Or try pressing the plastic part where the lens with left hand.

I don't know why. But this makes the gun more guesses(inclusive en dark room).

So:
left hand--------->
gun------------->

PD: The page of the lightgun can be update with the pictures of the  motherboard :).

Amstrad Magnum Phaser - CPCWiki

The other option to the interrogation picture is call mario bros. :)

remax

Quote from: dragon on 12:10, 08 August 14
Try putting your left hand extended parallel to the finish of the cannon. Or try pressing the plastic part where the lens with left hand.

I don't know why. But this makes the gun more guesses(inclusive en dark room).

So:
left hand--------->
gun------------->

PD: The page of the lightgun can be update with the pictures of the  motherboard :) .

Amstrad Magnum Phaser - CPCWiki

The other option to the interrogation picture is call mario bros. :)

Well, thanks but it doesn't change anything... I have no bad guess i have 0% guess :D

I don't know what is supposed to happen on the game menu but unlike you it doesn't choose the bad game, it does nothing at all :p
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Quote from: remax on 13:00, 08 August 14
Well, thanks but it doesn't change anything... I have no bad guess i have 0% guess :D

I don't know what is supposed to happen on the game menu but unlike you it doesn't choose the bad game, it does nothing at all :p

what game are you using to test the gun?.

remax

Bullseye, Missile Ground Zero, Operation Wolf, Robot Attack, Rookie, Solar Invasion

If i launch the menu nothing happen, if i launch games by run", the trigger works (white flash, i can launch the games) but i can never hit any target
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

That was what happened to me, until I discovered the problem of distance.

Is the ctm 644?. The distance is dependant of the size screen, the gun view the picture inverted in the lens and reduced. If the gun not seee the entire screen it fail.

edit: I see, you have the ctm. Your lens is o.k?. My lens had cataracts, and i changed it to the spectrum gun lens. View the lens with a light.

It has to be transparent.

remax

Quote from: dragon on 13:24, 08 August 14
That was what happened to me, until I discovered the problem of distance.

Is the ctm 644?. The distance is dependant of the size screen, the gun view the picture inverted in the lens and reduced. If the gun not seee the entire screen it fail.

Yes CTM 644, I tryed at various distance in black room but unlike you who had false detection, i have no detection at all...
Brain Radioactivity

dragon

Take in mind, open the gun has  a 99,9% of probability(if you not are macgyver).Destroy the case.

So first, clean the edge connector in the cpc. If finally you need open it to view the problem you can search a cheap sinclair gun with screws.

Optimus

I just bought the magnum lightgun and I am not sure if it works well.

I first tried some basic program based on the wiki information.
I am not sure, it seems to be opposite. I really detect trigger when old<>new. This is how it works properly for me.
Also I had to be careful about connection. At first it didn't work most of the time, because I had to lift the connector a bit behind my CPC.
Then with testing old<>new for trigger it worked, every time I pressed I flashed the border or something and it was perfect.

But I can't detect the exact position.
I ran these programs by arnoldemu with the single white box in black background. Random number of great variety around 3xxx everytime I press.

Now, later I tried the games made for this device. I can press fire to get into game, but I only see flashing when I press, even if pointing outside the screen. There is never some indication, like a sparkle sprite or circle when I shoot, to tell me that yes you are shooting at that point. So that I can see if that sprite is accurate or jumping around. But maybe because the device is faulty I am not seeing it and only see flash but not precise shooting point?

I also tried with closed lights and from as far as possible distance (the cable is not very long but I think I am at 1.2 meters already).

Also, one thing. I am using some old CRT screen. Although I am waiting to get a CPC monitor I just bought, so maybe it works well with that one (I hope).

Also, another question I don't understand. What are these edge values &7f and &80 we out? Is it edge like some X coordinate limit? Or it shouldn't matter?
I guess I can just read &10 and &11 from CRTC to get my results?

TFM

For testing:

- Use bright colors (foreground AND background, but especially background).
- Set gun directly on screen
- No light in room
- and...[nb]If your gun is lightpen compatible, then you can move the mouse pointer of the FutureOS Plus version with it, precise to the single character position (x) and scanline (y). Use bright background color, you can change the colors using 'Set Colors' tool on the system disc.
That allows you to see if it is off or works at all. If it doesn't work it means nothing, but if it work, then it works. ;) But there should be some simple programs in the net to ask for CRTC lightpen registers and move a pixel on screen or so.[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

tjohnson

Quote from: Bryce on 14:34, 21 May 14
Ok, here's the schematic. I chose a BP104 for the photodiode, which should be fine for this. TR2 / TR3 and associated parts are a two stage amplifier with filtered input. TR4 is a switch that pulls the signal (Out) low when light is detected.

Bryce.

Sorry for dragging this old thread up.  I got one of these spectrum phasers which I hope to convert to work on my Amstrad.  One thing I notice is that one of the transistors is a BC183C not a 2N3904, I haven't looked up the datasheet to see if that makes much difference. Anyway I need a way to make a compatible 5v circuit for use instead.  This site seems to provide a very simple circuit - https://cpcrulez.fr/hardware_montage_8x-realisez_votre_crayon_optique.htm

Bryce

There are two differences that matter: BC183 has a much lower gain than a 2N3904, but it should be ok to use either. Secondly, the pinout is reversed, so you would need to turn the part 180° if you use a 2N3904 as a replacement.

Bryce.

tjohnson

Quote from: Bryce on 09:17, 07 January 19
There are two differences that matter: BC183 has a much lower gain than a 2N3904, but it should be ok to use either. Secondly, the pinout is reversed, so you would need to turn the part 180° if you use a 2N3904 as a replacement.

Bryce.
Thanks Bryce are you able to help describe the circuit as setup for 12v present as the CPC needs 5v, basically I would like to get it working my my GX4000 so I can try skeet shoot!  I don't know a great deal about circuits but it looks like there is a voltage divider in the filter section, I thought transistors were there to amplify current not voltage.

Bryce

Can you point me to the schematic you need the description for?
And yes, you are correct, transistors normally amplify current.

Bryce.