News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GT65 schematics

Started by Colday, 20:13, 29 January 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Colday

Hey all.

My GT65 is a bit up the wall, something to do with the vsync/hsync I believe.

I see the WIKI used to have the schematics available but these are apparently now 'not available'

Could someone make all the schematics available again please? For the 464, 664 and 6128 also if possible?

No doubt as I progress through life and the hobby of fixing these things, I'll find faults I can't troubleshoot that will need fixing.

Thanks all!

gerald

Quote from: Colday on 20:13, 29 January 19
Hey all.

My GT65 is a bit up the wall, something to do with the vsync/hsync I believe.

I see the WIKI used to have the schematics available but these are apparently now 'not available'

Could someone make all the schematics available again please? For the 464, 664 and 6128 also if possible?

No doubt as I progress through life and the hobby of fixing these things, I'll find faults I can't troubleshoot that will need fixing.

Thanks all!
Have you looked there : http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Service_Manuals  ;)

Colday

Well now....

I did look there, but when I tried to download it, it went to a 404 error as if the page didn't exist. But today, all good.

Thanks!!

JonB

I noticed the CPCWiki web server was intermittent yesterday, maybe that was the problem.

I assume that your horizontal hold is out and you have screen tearing (pixels scattered across the screen when they should line up). If the picture is rolling top to bottom, then it is vertical hold and you can adjust this with one of the thumbwheels at the back of the monitor.

You may have read my thread on GT65 width adjustment. Horizontal hold is controlled the variable inductor L703. Use a proper plastic adjusting tool. Do not use a metal tool, it will damage the ferrite core (which is why I ended up with a screw stuck to my inductor with Blu Tac, a bodge if ever I saw one). I know it looks like an Allen key will fit but don't use one, it will only end in tears. The ferrite core on mine is stuck tight in the inductor and so when I did this (with an Allen key) the core just crumbled.

Colday

Thanks for the advice there.

Strangely I've only just spotted this.

I think I'll send it off to my friendly TV repair man to get it sorted out rather than faff about with it myself.

Bryce

You still know of a TV repair man? I thought they'd gone extinct!

Bryce.

Colday

Yeah, very rare to find one now but he has been going for 30+ years.

I guess when he retires there will be one less as I doubt anyone will take on the work, although he is very very busy and has stacks of TV's/VCR/DVD/Blu-Ray/HiFi stuff to fix and there is an actual waiting list to get stuff worked on!

So I shall drop the GT65 off to him and let him get all nostalgic about working on a CRT again.

I noticed yesterday that my CTM644 monitor seems to be a little on the slope, as in it is displaying slightly lower on the left side of the screen as opposed to the right.

Barely noticeable currently but will doubtless need to fix that at some point.