News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GX4000 controller - Amstrad CPC

Started by Neil79, 17:13, 27 July 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

Quick question, does the GX4000 controller work unmodified on an Amstrad CPC 464 and or 6128?
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

TotO

Sure. And both fire buttons are handled.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Neil79

Quote from: TotO on 17:16, 27 July 14
Sure. And both fire buttons are handled.

Brilliant cheers
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

TotO

;D [nb]R-Type was done to work great with it![/nb]
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Neil79

Sweet!

Reason I asked was I tried to play Dragons Lair on the Amstrad via my pro-joystick from the Amiga and although I could swipe I couldn't jump! Same thing with Green Beret, I could stab but not shoot :(

mr_lou

Quote from: Neil79 on 17:40, 27 July 14
Reason I asked was I tried to play Dragons Lair on the Amstrad via my pro-joystick from the Amiga and although I could swipe I couldn't jump! Same thing with Green Beret, I could stab but not shoot :(

That, unfortunately, sadly, is most probably because the game(s) weren't written with 2-button support....  :(

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Neil79 on 17:13, 27 July 14
Quick question, does the GX4000 controller work unmodified on an Amstrad CPC 464 and or 6128?

Yes but no games will support the second fire button by default.

But if the game allows you to redefine the keys and lets you redefine to joystick, you can assign the buttons as you wish.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube