News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GX4000 incoming but need some advice!!

Started by TheBuff1, 20:54, 26 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBuff1

Hi all

I've bought one of those new/old stock of GX4000s off eBay which should be here in a couple of days but I'm after a little advice please.

The one I've got is this:

Amstrad GX4000 Game Console 1990 RETRO / VINTAGE + Burnin Rubber - NEW

However, the seller states that some don't come with a SCART cable strangely and I won't know until it arrives if mine will or not. Might sound like a silly question but will any SCART cable do?? I plan to link the GX4000 to my Sony Trintron TV. Annoyingly I don't have any around the house these days (must have purged them with the move to HDMI!!) so will have to get one in. Would something like this do:

1.5m Short SCART Fully Wired Video Monitor TV Cable Bi-directional 21 pin

And lastly I know not to use the original power supply (I would have to get a new one anyway as the GX4000 I've bought comes with a 2 pin plug - must be Euro stock, I'm in the UK) and I intend to eventually get a C4CPC cart so just want to confirm that this power supply is good to use:

9V dc, 1 Output, 2.1 x 5.5 x 9.5 mm Centre Positive Switch Mode, Plug In Power Supply, 1.22A, 11W

Apologies if these questions have been asked and answered before (I know the PSU one has but I just want to double, double check!!)

Thanks in advance

Phantomz

Quote from: TheBuff1 on 20:54, 26 January 16
Hi all

I've bought one of those new/old stock of GX4000s off eBay which should be here in a couple of days but I'm after a little advice please.

The one I've got is this:

Amstrad GX4000 Game Console 1990 RETRO / VINTAGE + Burnin Rubber - NEW

However, the seller states that some don't come with a SCART cable strangely and I won't know until it arrives if mine will or not. Might sound like a silly question but will any SCART cable do?? I plan to link the GX4000 to my Sony Trintron TV. Annoyingly I don't have any around the house these days (must have purged them with the move to HDMI!!) so will have to get one in. Would something like this do:

1.5m Short SCART Fully Wired Video Monitor TV Cable Bi-directional 21 pin

And lastly I know not to use the original power supply (I would have to get a new one anyway as the GX4000 I've bought comes with a 2 pin plug - must be Euro stock, I'm in the UK) and I intend to eventually get a C4CPC cart so just want to confirm that this power supply is good to use:

9V dc, 1 Output, 2.1 x 5.5 x 9.5 mm Centre Positive Switch Mode, Plug In Power Supply, 1.22A, 11W

Apologies if these questions have been asked and answered before (I know the PSU one has but I just want to double, double check!!)

Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure you can use any normal scart cable, and that power supply works great with the GX4000 and C4CPC, it's what I use with mine.  ;D

dcdrac

I used a bog standard scart cable for mine no problems and if you have the C4cpc cart sue the original power block.

dodogildo

Trinitron tv and Scart cable combo gives excellent results with GX4000. I wouldn't seek for more :)
M'enfin!

TheBuff1

Thanks for the replies guys, has reassured my little mind  ;D