News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GX4000 to Plus Mod Curiouser and Curiouser...FIXED NOW!

Started by Badstarr, 15:54, 29 January 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Badstarr

EDIT! I think I sorted it! Looks like prodding the SED Data Separator with a multimeter was enough to make it look like there was a good connection on all pins in the socket however the IC pins needed a little manipulation to get a firm contact. Booting fine now with the interface attached.  ;D

Soon I will dig out a floppy drive and give it a whirl! Going to have a well deserved rest first! Wish me luck!  ;D

ORIGINAL POST:

Well I have finished the draft version of the disk interface and wired it all up. First thing I got was a rather worrying black screen until I noticed a ridiculous mistake! I had connected the Floppy Disk Controller +5 V to a ground rail by mistake I'm rather ashamed to admit.  ??? :P 

Once I corrected that problem I fired it all up once again and this time I got a slightly more encouraging basic screen and then it all went a little cookoo bananas from there! I will post a vid soon of what happens in case anyone has any ideas on why this is happening. With the disk interface attached and powered on I get thrown straight into AmsDos and from there I get RUN" some numbers, some random characters and loads of beeping! Guess I have a few bugs to iron out!? On the plus side its still working lol!    ;D
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)