News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hack-It / Le Hackeur

Started by talrek, 11:29, 07 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

talrek

Hi,
someone wrote me to ask me if i was able to produce the Hack-it product.
He wants to have one with the motherX format. No problem to design it.

The only problem is that for one item only, it would be pretty expensive.
So is there anyone interested in it ?

Price should be 25 euros for Hack-it (MX4 compatible, if Toto agrees that i use his universal standard  :D )
at least 4 orders.

radu14m

this is a kind of Multiface device, right ?

talrek

Yes, kind of but less powerful.
dissassembling, overview of memory, editor...

steve

I was just thinking the other day that after my x-mass arrives I will need some way to transfer software from cassette to the x-mass, would this device be able to do that?

fgbrain

Why not redo Multiface 2 mx4 version in the first place????
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

IanS

Isn't the hack-it just a foreground rom, so it gets initialised before Basic.

(like the JM Demon thing John Morrison Demon Development Cartridge)

You should just be able to put it in a standard rom board/megaflash/xmem etc.

Gryzor

Indeed, why not MF2?

talrek

As i said, it is just for someone. He specially wants a hack it interface.
I don't know Why.

MF is a good Idea, i'm going to see if it is possible to put it in a Mx4 standard pcb

Gryzor

I'd certainly get one... But even a Hack-it would be nice :)

TotO

Quote from: IanS on 18:08, 07 February 15
Isn't the hack-it just a foreground rom, so it gets initialised before Basic.
(like the JM Demon thing John Morrison Demon Development Cartridge)
You should just be able to put it in a standard rom board/megaflash/xmem etc.
Yes, you can program the X-MEM Firmware for this use, without the need of an extra board.

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TotO

Quote from: talrek on 22:40, 07 February 15MF is a good Idea, i'm going to see if it is possible to put it in a Mx4 standard pcb
A Multiface is a better idea and you are welcome to  use the MX4 form factor for that.
I can give you the template if you are working under Eagle.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

Quote from: TotO on 10:34, 08 February 15
A Multiface is a better idea and you are welcome to  use the MX4 form factor for that.
if you do a multiface I'll buy one! But would it be possible to hack or rewrite the multiface rom so it is universal. The commercial multifaces were made either for the CPC range amsdos or the plus range amsdos. And annoyingly are not interchangeable

Edit: I have both versions so can provide rom dumps from each if needed.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TotO

Thank you, but it's not my actual projects to redo it.

talrek

Quote from: TotO on 10:34, 08 February 15

Ok thank you i'd like it.
I think really MX4 form should now be the standard for all these projects.

Quote from: CraigsBar on 11:07, 08 February 15
if you do a multiface I'll buy one! But would it be possible to hack or rewrite the multiface rom so it is universal. The commercial multifaces were made either for the CPC range amsdos or the plus range amsdos. And annoyingly are not interchangeable

Edit: I have both versions so can provide rom dumps from each if needed.

Well i'm not sure if i'm going to do it. If yes i was planning to use the files and roms on the wiki page... I just saw that to fit on a motherX4 board format i will have to use PLCC 16V8 GALs
Also i will use only 16V8 gals.

TFM

Well, I would be interested in a MF2 clone.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

talrek

Ok first i design and i order the PCB.
second i assemble a few pieces to do some tests.

Let's go !!!

archcosmo

Hi

I'd be interested in a Hack-It board too :)

but perhaps the discussion to build an MF2 board for the MX4 should be on a different topic??

TFM

Quote from: archcosmo on 23:24, 08 February 15
Hi

I'd be interested in a Hack-It board too :)

but perhaps the discussion to build an MF2 board for the MX4 should be on a different topic??

Well, if I understand it right, the Hack it just need to have one ROM slot, is that right?
Hackit - CPCWiki
So just use the ROM with the X-MEM, MegaFlash, SF2, ROM-RAM-Box etc. (and add a reset button if needed).

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Yes, it was just a single ROMBoard with a reset switch. There's no need to build new hardware, it will work on any ROMBoard.

Bryce.

TotO

Yes, as said.
More than hundred peoples can already do that using their X-MEM + MotherX4 combo.
So, I doubt about the real interrest of this new board. Better to work on a MF2.

talrek

Yes i understand but he really wants one, even after i explained that it should be better in a romboard, no matter which version.
But i don't understand he said he wants to put it in his CPC, but why ask me for a MX format ? May be just to have an original re-made Hack-it ??? He wants to replace the basic at the reset.
but XMEM and Megaflash can do that also, can't they ?

TotO

The X-MEM switch the lower and the upper ROM0 at the same time to avoid conflicts and make it more easy to use.
So, to use the Hacker ROM the user only need to program the same BASIC on ROM0 too.

TFM

If you have the MegaFlash you can add the lower ROM Box.
TFM of FutureSoft

talrek

Well i asked him, and he really wants it, he already have XMEM, and he wants a card alone.
Well i'm going to make a few, since there is not a lot of people interested in it ;-)

At the same time i will order the PCB for the MF2 clone.

CraigsBar

Quote from: talrek on 23:01, 10 February 15
Well i asked him, and he really wants it, he already have XMEM, and he wants a card alone.
Well i'm going to make a few, since there is not a lot of people interested in it ;-)

At the same time i will order the PCB for the MF2 clone.
thanks talrek, I'll take an mf2 clone please. And if possible to make it universal for cpc/plus that would be awesome.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode