News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Has anybody used a TZXDuino Thanks. SORTED

Started by Audronic, 01:23, 08 January 19

Previous topic - Next topic

Audronic

HI All

Has anybody used a TZXDuino (From Etsy) on an Amstrad CPC464

If so could you send me a working file that I can use to test the TZXDuino Please.

And any information as t how to convert  XXX to TZX for the Amstrad.

Thanks.   Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Emashzed

Hey there.
Well, I have used my home-built TZXduino with success on my 6128.
The firmware actually supports CDT files natively, so there is no need whatsoever to convert anything to TZX format.

Cholo

Yes, CDT and TZX is basicly the same so all you have to do is rename the file extention .CDT -> .TZX or .TZX ->.CDT

If you are trying to record a audio file from a real tape (with like Goldwave) and translate the file into TZX/CDT then there is a lot of tools. Like CPCTapeXP & Samp2cdt, Many of the best tools are actually Spectrum ones like TAPER (speedlock protections) and TAPIR (TZX/CDT data merging, but that probably for another time.

Tip: recording audio files from tape, i usually have the source with a lower volume (than normal) and then the target input a bit higher volume. This usually clears "background hizz/noices" so only the game data signal get recorded (so the audio file is easier for the CDT/TZX program to translate.

Audronic

Quote from: Emashzed on 13:58, 08 January 19
Hey there.  Well, I have used my home-built TZXduino with success on my 6128.
The firmware actually supports CDT files natively, so there is no need whatsoever to convert anything to TZX format.

@Emashzed

Thanks for the info I have it sorted I was trying to use WAV files (Due to lack of information for the Amstrad )
I have used it with .CDT files with success.

Thanks.  Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Audronic

Quote from: Cholo on 18:50, 08 January 19
Yes, CDT and TZX is basicly the same so all you have to do is rename the file extention .CDT -> .TZX or .TZX ->.CDT
If you are trying to record a audio file from a real tape (with like Goldwave) and translate the file into TZX/CDT then there is a lot of tools. Like CPCTapeXP & Samp2cdt, Many of the best tools are actually Spectrum ones like TAPER (speedlock protections) and TAPIR (TZX/CDT data merging, but that probably for another time.
Tip: recording audio files from tape, i usually have the source with a lower volume (than normal) and then the target input a bit higher volume. This usually clears "background hizz/noices" so only the game data signal get recorded (so the audio file is easier for the CDT/TZX program to translate.

@Cholo

Thanks for the info, its what I needed to get the unit working.
I was trying to use WAV files (Due to lack of information for the Amstrad )

I have used it with .CDT files with success.

Thanks.  Ray
Procrastinators Unite,