News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

HELP! for drive 3"

Started by anyf33, 12:31, 22 April 16

Previous topic - Next topic

anyf33

:picard: i was trying to remove 3" DRIVE cable and i made this!
i think i can connect the pins with soldering. but this will be made from a friend later .
So meanwhile i was trying to connect with 5,25 plug as external drive. any help for correct plug?
thank you[attach=2]

xesrjb

,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

anyf33

Thank you but this for connecting hxc or 3,5 drive. This the same?

xesrjb

It's the same. You must can look at the photo, how to split the cable!!

xesrjb
,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

Higgy

Thanks @xesrjb for the link. I am just about to mod my 6128 for a Gotek/HxC and I have now ordered the parts to make power and signal adaptor links so I dont have to alter my 6128's connections.

Thankfully the original Raspberry Pi 1 has a 26-pin header so that seem to be the easiest place to get a male 26 IDC header and it comes with a ribbon cable, just need to remove the female 26 pin and fit a normal 3.5" floppy one.

anyf33

yes but where i start ? At left or at the right?  :'(

Audronic

Try Here

Guide on how to connect a 3.5 - CPCWiki

Or in the DIY Links

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

anyf33

finally it works. with the cable i bought to connect 3,5 drive. I was nessecary to connect 33 and 34 pin. I thought it was not neccesary but it is.
But i have the same problem and thats why i canibalize the original floppy slot before! when i press cat a drive a the drive spins!
cable problem? i dont know

Audronic

@anyf33

? How many drives do you have connected ?
|A and |B. and What is the Problem ?

I Normally send this command |A:CAT  (Return)

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

anyf33

One! In external port.
When i  put |b cat works. When i press |a cat the b start spinning!
I have the same problem when i have 2 drives connected. They work together!!  That why i put put the internal drive cable. See the pictures

gerald

Quote from: anyf33 on 09:47, 23 April 16
One! In external port.
When i  put |b cat works. When i press |a cat the b start spinning!
I have the same problem when i have 2 drives connected. They work together!!  That why i put put the internal drive cable. See the pictures
The motor on signal is shared amongst all drives. So when you access one, the others spin as well. This is an expected and normal behaviour.

Audronic

@anyf33

Gerald is correct This is normal behaviour.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,

anyf33

Thanks guys. But as i remember the two drives worked together! And the 3 drive light flashed like reading when accesing drive b 3.5 and then i put out 3  disk cable and the 3,5 start working.!