News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

help for a cpc464

Started by emilen72, 11:36, 30 January 12

Previous topic - Next topic

emilen72

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I really hope you can help me to solve a problem with my cpc464.
[/size]
The problem
is that when I turn on cpc464, a sound comes from the internal speaker, such as a tape was in loading.
On video all is ok, and the keyboard works.
[/size]When I write load" and hit return (or any key as is normal to load a game from cassette), but if I press the play button, the cassette deck motor does not turn, indeed, it seems that the right hinge is locked because if I try to turn it gently force ita little.
[/size]
also the button
  REV [/size]and [/size]FF don't works....
[/size]
Do you know
if it's a known fault? Or have any suggestions for me? Any suggest for tests to be done to understand where the problem arises?
[/size]
[/size]Do you need some other info?

Thanks
to all, you're my only hope.

Greetings from Italy

Bryce

Hi and welcome to the forum,
            it sounds like a mechanical problem. Clean and oil all the tape-deck parts first and try it again.

Bryce.

00WReX

Have you opened up the CPC yet ?

While giving the tape deck a clean & oil  as Bryce suggested, check the rubber belt that drives the tape assembly as it may have perished with age and maybe lack of use over the years.
The rubber belts can be found fairly easily...normally eBay is a good option.

Cheers
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Cholo

The sound you get when you turn on the 464 is it a continued sound? Like Pressing down the DEL key? (perhaps its stuck?). Does sound like your 464 has multiple problems too. Getting another 464 keyboard is thankfully not that hard or cheap  ;)