News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Help me modify my 464+

Started by tjohnson, 22:34, 22 June 18

Previous topic - Next topic

tjohnson

Hi All,
I've modified my 464+ to upgrade it to 6128+ specification, I want to install an internal Gotek HXC with a small LED screen as a modification, does anyone have any good suggestions on where to cut the case to install the screen and buttons.  I would ideally like the screen visible when sitting in front of the keyboard, the side where the floppy drive is place on the 6128+ would be a good place but obviously that is not visible without craning round to look at it.
Maybe I could make a reversible modification which doesn't involve cutting the case?  Cheers all any advice and recommendations welcomed.
Trevor

LambdaMikel

Yes don't cut anything.  You will regret it later. Zaxxon Piotr offers a gotek drive with display afaik.

tjohnson

Quote from: LambdaMikel on 20:37, 26 June 18
Yes don't cut anything.  You will regret it later. Zaxxon Piotr offers a gotek drive with display afaik.

Thanks LambdaMikel, Yeah I'm thinking of trying to minimise cuts to the bodywork but on the otherhand I don't especially want lots of devices hanging off it, whatever I do it need to be tidy.  I had to cut the case to fit the external fdd Centronics port but I think that is an acceptable cut to upgrade the machine.