HomeControl with CPC (Remote Controlled electrical socket 433,9 MHz) ?

Started by SRS, 21:18, 10 December 13

Previous topic - Next topic

SRS

Reading [url=http://raspberrypiguide.de/howtos/powerpi-raspberry-pi-haussteuerung/]PowerPi: Raspberry Pi Haussteuerung[/url]

I really wonder: did someone implement a funksteckdosen-steuerung (Remote-controlled electrical socket - control)
with good old cpc ? Maybe using the joystick port ?

Wouldn't that be nice :) - HomeControl with CPC.

TFM

My first CPC6128 actually did couple similar things f.e. checked if a door is open or not. But I did everything with cables (no need to get cancer by all that radio waves). I used the joystick port as data input (14 bit) and the printer port as data output (8 bit).
The CPC was separated from other circuits by simple electrical relays.

Later on I got my 6128 Plus and dissipated the home control station, because the Plus has slightly different plugs for joystick and printer.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

There were many projects over the years that offered 8x Relay outputs and 8x digital inputs meant for external control. These could easily be adapted to trigger remote systems.

Bryce.

TFM

Today I definitely would use "Optokoppler"[nb]What's that in English: Optical relays?[/nb] thought.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

I think most of the designs used optical isolators too back then. I'd certainly recommend it.

Bryce.

Ygdrazil

Home control for CPC

Checkout RED BOX for the CPC : http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Red_Box

Regards,
/Ygdrazil

Quote from: SRS on 21:18, 10 December 13
[size=78%]Reading[/size][/size][size=78%] PowerPi: Raspberry Pi Haussteuerung[/size][/size][size=78%] [/size]

I really wonder: did someone implement a funksteckdosen-steuerung (Remote-controlled electrical socket - control)
with good old cpc ? Maybe using the joystick port ?

Wouldn't that be nice :) - HomeControl with CPC.