News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

HSync Scrolling and LCD Screens Workarounds?

Started by ASiC, 09:09, 15 July 17

Previous topic - Next topic

ASiC

Hi,

Since CRTs are a dying breed, I was wondering if there's some kind of (hardware) workaround to display smooth scrolling on LCDs
Anybody knows if devices like the FrameMeister or a cheaper alternative would help with this?

Thanks

gameblabla

The framemeister would probably be the best device for that yeah,
because you can integer scale the screen (resulting in no shimmering effect) and crop the overscan.

But i could be wrong

Alternatively, you can use the OSSC, which a bit more cheaper than the framemeister.

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

That doesn't solve the horizontal scrolling issue, that only really works on CRTs.

I guess you'd need some external hardware though, that could emulate that behaviour and understand the timing trick that the CPC does for its smoother horizontal scrolling.

ASiC

Thanks guys, good info.

At some point I'll get myself a framemeister or an OSSC and give it a go.

Cheers

Lazy Dude

I checked the following thread and bought a Sony DSC 1024G
[/size]It has a button for sharpness, if you uncheck it the scrolling is smooth.
[/size]Old bit of tech from the 90s but solid too, get lucky and pick up a bargain on ebay!
[/size]
[/size]http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/scart-output-with-vga-cable-green-color/msg123808/#msg123808