News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

HxC SD Slim - Install Guide Tips

Started by Neil79, 19:40, 14 July 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

Thanks to Token and Jeff for the help!

0) Buy one of these to save the hastle after buying an HxC
AMSTRAD/SPECTRUM +3 KIT:RIBBON CABLE AND POWER CABLE FOR 3,5" DRIVE OR HxC EMU |

1) Make sure that the red stripe is on the right side when coming out of the Amstrad and on left side when going into the HxC SD SLIM! Also make sure the little left switch is down and right switch is up on the floppy cable!

2) On the HxC SD Slim make sure both switch 1 and switch 2 are both ON and all the rest are off

3) Make subdirectories for games on the SD card, 8GB is recommended ( Label them A-Z ) with games A in A, B in B and they have all been converted to *.HFE

4) Download the manager here and extract to SD card ( use SDCard_HxC_Floppy_Emulator_Manager V2.5 ( NOT 3.0 ) )
HxC Floppy Emulator Manager - NoRecess

5) Load the SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator
HxC2001 HeadQuarters : HxC Floppy Emulator
and set "Enable auto boot mode" and "Force Loading Autoboot.HFE at power up " and "Enable Indexed Mode" - HFE Amstrad CPC (Not Auto) - SAVE CONFIG FILE TO SD CARD, load it again to make sure it was all set!

6) Place SDcard in the HxC, boot the Amstrad and everything else :p Then do Run"HXC

7) Homebrew games or music can be run after slotted with the command Run"Disc or CAT to make sure you've got the right filename to run ;)

This is what I did to get it to work perfectly on my Amstrad CPC 6128!
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Gryzor

Thanks, nice guide :) But why do a post instead of amending the wiki article?

Neil79

Quote from: Gryzor on 21:00, 14 July 14
Thanks, nice guide :) But why do a post instead of amending the wiki article?

I didn't know I could  :D

If you want to add my little guide, go ahead I'm happy to help others  :laugh:
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Gryzor

Of *course* you can, anyone can register and write/edit articles! Or you think I'm populating it by myself? :)

Ok, will try to fit it in...

Neil79

Gryzor

Heh, just saw your account being created minutes ago :D Thanks.

Two points:
a.it'd probably be better if we incorporated it into the main HxC article.
b.right now it's an orhpan article, not linked to from anywhere. This means it'll be very hard to find - only accessible through the Search function...

I'll take care of it, thanks again!

Neil79

Quote from: Gryzor on 21:17, 14 July 14
Heh, just saw your account being created minutes ago :D Thanks.

Two points:
a.it'd probably be better if we incorporated it into the main HxC article.
b.right now it's an orhpan article, not linked to from anywhere. This means it'll be very hard to find - only accessible through the Search function...

I'll take care of it, thanks again!

No Problemo  8)