News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

I'm reliving the glory days - Amstrad CPC6128

Started by Neil79, 16:57, 06 March 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

Well here she is, won through the bay in a last min rush! Even though my original Amstrad was a CPC 464, everyone told me to get the CPC6128 instead for modding and extra memory, thus I did

Apparently the drive belt was changed and everything was tested and the system is on delivery.

My next purchase is going to be a Scart+Psu to run it into a TV and keep the Green Screen in storage incase I over use it
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

sigh

Congrats! :D

What are you going to load into the machine first?

mr_lou

Cool!  :)

Congratz.

I see no reason why you still can't get a CPC464 though.  ;)

I grew up with the CPC464 too, and still have one with localized keys. It's obviously the most nostalgic one.
For a looong time I definitely preferred using my CPC464 over my CPC6128. I bought 64k expansion RAM just to be able to use STarKos on my CPC464 rather than just use my CPC6128.

Nowadays I mostly use my CPC+ though. Heavily modded by Bryce to give me HxC, Megaflash and other goodies.  :)

radu14m

MacDeath

perfect for coding... Extra RAM and fine monocolour hi-rez display in mode2... well done...

also perfect to play some nice demos if you also happen to have colour monitor.

Neil79

I keep checking the delivery status and it goes "collected at hub" etc and still waiting!

DAMN i've waited all these years and yet one week it's torture  :laugh:
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Neil79

The monitor was so much bigger when I was about 5ish :D, put a tape in and did the load "disc" and the disc loaded up straight away for an Amstrad anyway. Did try another disc with some writing on it and it just said could not find disc. Perhaps it was formatted or a non working floppy?

Very clean on the outside, bit dusty on the rear but at least it works  ;D

Neil79

Tape Cable purchased and this is now on the way

Gryzor

MacDeath

Gryzor, I now seriously doubt you musical tastes and influences...

Rebecca Black - Fun Fun Fun Fun

:D

Also sorry for the other bad joke, but if was so obviously temptating..

Neil79

Excuse the messy room i'm not at my home

;D

Gryzor

Yeah, I used to sleep with my CPC too, before I got a girlfriend.

redbox

Wait until you've had a wife for a while, then you'll start doing it again.

Gryzor

Nah, she's my wife for four years now, been living together for seven, still won't let me bring the CPC under the blankets.

Neil79