I am looking at getting something to Playback xxxx.CDT files on a CPC464

Started by Audronic, 10:22, 03 December 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Audronic

Hi All

I am looking at getting something to Playback   xxxx.CDT files on a CPC464
What are people using ? ?
I have ordered  a Car Tape Cassette To 3.5mm AUX Audio Adapter.
Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

mr_lou

I've tried that cassette solution too. I remember it working, but didn't try it out a whole lot.

I also have a modified CPC464 though, with a wire connected to the tape player, and ending in a jack plug. I think that probably works better. But my "reserve", so haven't really been using it.

Audronic

@mr_lou

Ok thanks for that.
do you have a link as to where you connected the Socket to ? ?

Thanks.   Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

mr_lou

No sorry. I wasn't me who made it. But I can ask the guy who did it, if he has any info.
Fairly sure it's just a matter of soldering it onto the same wires that goes to the head though. This would be something @Bryce could probably easily answer.

Bryce

You could solder directly to the point where the head goes into the first amplifier stage. That will work as long as you keep the volume relatively low.

Bryce.

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,

Token

I did that cool line in mod long time ago. It was fun with OTLA (fast loading). I did it on two 464, one have better performance with OTLA, I don't know why, maybe because the cables are shorter, perhaps better soldering or/and the nature of the cable itself?Check :)
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/DIY_464_External_Audio_Socket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OQh8WJtQ8E

Audronic

@Token

Thanks for the info.

I am looking at testing some modifications similar to yours, and to include a switch to choose internal/external Tape drive for REPLAY only

Thanks again.  Ray
Procrastinators Unite,

LambdaMikel

Which Arduino-based player can play CDT files directly?
AFAIK, Casduino can. Anybody a source for assembled ones?
Can't find any on Ebay currently.

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,