News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Identify my 6128

Started by ced64k, 13:15, 21 December 11

Previous topic - Next topic

ced64k

Hi,

I just bought a 6128. It come from France and it lacks the FDD stickers.

I read this on the wiki :

QuoteFrench 6128 with QWERTY keyboard (english 6128 bundled with french manual & french sticker on FDD - this unit was sold in a french shop, when AZERTY keyboards were out of stock)

http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:PV250X_French_CPC_6128_-_Qwerty.jpg

On the wiki photo, the sticker seems to be damaged -> bad quality.

On mine the text near the Amstrad Logo is also "128k Colour Personnal Computer" and not "Ordinateur Personnel Couleur 128k" like the classic Qwerty french model.

So my 6128 is maybe one of those "french cheap stickered" model ?

I'm currently trying to remake a new sticker in Illustrator  8)

ced64k

Done  ;D

Need to find a way to print that now.

TotO

Quote from: ced64k on 13:15, 21 December 11I just bought a 6128. It come from France and it lacks the FDD stickers.
I got a french QWERTY CPC and the plate is black.
I buy it in 1986, before the AZERTY version was released.

Quote from: ced64k on 15:32, 21 December 11Done  ;D
You don't got it with a better resolution for printing? :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

ced64k

Quote from: TotO on 16:07, 21 December 11
I got a french QWERTY CPC and the plate is black.
I buy it in 1986, before the AZERTY version was released.

And what's the text near the Amstrad logo ? "128k Colour Personnal Computer" or "Ordinateur Personnel Couleur 128k" ? On mine everything is in English ("on" near the red led and not "en marche", etc.

TotO

I don't remember... (shame) I have to check this saturday.
But, if you got all in english, it will be nice to add a black english plate too...  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

freemac

Difference can be screen frequency : 50Hz or 60Hz, in france it was 50Hz. And wall power-plug ^^

Gryzor

Well, those would be bog-standard UK CPCs, just with the metal sticker removed and another placed on top of the drive, so no identification issues really...
I'd suggest going to a professional printer and taking a look at the options. Especially if they've got any leftover materials it may be very cheap to produce; others charge by the square meter which would sent you back €20-50 depending on material and quality.

steve

You could have a batch made and sell the others to people that need to a replacement.

ced64k

A little nicer  ;D

Photo print + hot laminator

Here's the .ai file for those who need...

Gryzor

Much better! And thanks for the ai file!

Fredisland

AMSTRAD CPC MEMOIRE ECRITE : https://acpc.me/

Gryzor

Arguably more useful, but a bit over the top? :D