News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

John Morrison Demon Development Cartridge

Started by IanS, 21:12, 18 October 12

Previous topic - Next topic

IanS

I'd forgotten I had this. The discussion about foreground roms reminded me.
Front:
[attach=2]
The white paint is original. The writing on the rom is mine.
Back:
[attach=3]
Any cut tracks and wires are original.

The rom is a foreground rom, which takes over the machine when you hit reset (there was a reset button attached and a case, which I will try and find).

The hardware does very simplistic rom number decoding, it repeats every 4 roms, so appears at 0,4,8 etc.
[attach=4]
This shows the roms at every rom position, bottom right is rom 0, "----" is the basic rom, you can see the dos rom at position 7.

Rom contents in the zip file.

I have a manual somewhere, I'll scan it when I find it.

Bryce

What exactly does the software on the ROM do after it has taken over the computer? I've no possibility to test it here at the moment :(

Bryce.

IanS

It allows you view the state of the memory, and I think save it to disk.

I remember being very disapointed when I bought it back in the 80's. I recall thinking I was getting a poor mans multiface, but I gave up on it very quickly.

Bryce

Well it is a very poor mans MultiFace, it doesn't save or restore the CRTC registers, address point etc :D Which requires a bit more hardware. :D

Bryce.

arnoldemu

Quote from: IanS on 22:12, 18 October 12
It allows you view the state of the memory, and I think save it to disk.

I remember being very disapointed when I bought it back in the 80's. I recall thinking I was getting a poor mans multiface, but I gave up on it very quickly.
It reminds me of another that the French guys like to use and it's name escapes me now.
this also took control when the computer was reset......

errr... no my brain fails me.

"Le Hackeur"/"Hackit".

got it.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Ohh I remember seeing ads for it... Where, I can't say, maybe in one of the few French mags I'd bought...