News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Keyboard connectors

Started by Keir, 11:36, 12 October 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Keir

I'm looking for a replacement 8-way (Molex?) keyboard connector for a 6128+ (though I think the same connector type is used throughout the CPC range). Is there a modern part number, or alternatively is anyone selling NOS? Thanks!

Bryce

I haven't seen these connectors on offer in a very long time, so ebay is probably your best bet. If it's only one you need, I have a few "too shagged to fix" CPC PCBs that I could borrow one from?

Bryce.

Edit: These here should do the trick. They're ten pole, but you could just remove two pins from the end, the cable is unlikely to have any sideways movement: Socket 10 Way Flexible Foil Cable FPC FFC Right Angle PCB 2.54mm Pitch x10pcs |

gerald

Quote from: Keir on 11:36, 12 October 15
I'm looking for a replacement 8-way (Molex?) keyboard connector for a 6128+ (though I think the same connector type is used throughout the CPC range). Is there a modern part number, or alternatively is anyone selling NOS? Thanks!
Aren't the keyboard connectors 10 pins ?

||C|-|E||

Quote from: Bryce on 11:46, 12 October 15
I haven't seen these connectors on offer in a very long time, so ebay is probably your best bet. If it's only one you need, I have a few "too shagged to fix" CPC PCBs that I could borrow one from?

Bryce.

Edit: These here should do the trick. They're ten pole, but you could just remove two pins from the end, the cable is unlikely to have any sideways movement: Socket 10 Way Flexible Foil Cable FPC FFC Right Angle PCB 2.54mm Pitch x10pcs |

In the worst case, you could use something very mild to keep everything in place, although as bryce says movement is very unlikely. I was thinking about a very little drop of silicone, or something like that, but maybe there is something better :) .

Bryce

Quote from: gerald on 12:05, 12 October 15
Aren't the keyboard connectors 10 pins ?

I didn't bother checking, he just asked for an 8 pin version... One moment...

Indeed, the plus connectors are 10way, so the link I sent will work without any modification (although he may need to bend the pins so that it's not 90°)

Bryce.

Keir

Oh yes so they are 10-way, silly me. Those are perfect then thank you Bryce!