News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Look what I found in the trash

Started by joska, 19:04, 08 October 13

Previous topic - Next topic

joska

Found this very nice and tidy 6128 in a heap of old junk behind the local electronics store.

Sorry about the poor image quality. This CPC is in excellent condition and it's probably almost unused. Unfortunately I could not find any disks for it.

This junkyard is a gold mine - previously I've found a CPC464, an Epson HX20, a breadbin C64, a new-style C64, an Amiga 500 and an Amiga 600. All in working order :)

TFM

Thanks' for saving it  :)  You have +++ Good Karma now  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mr_lou

Quote from: joska on 19:04, 08 October 13Found this very nice and tidy 6128 in a heap of old junk behind the local electronics store.
This junkyard is a gold mine - previously I've found a CPC464, an Epson HX20, a breadbin C64, a new-style C64, an Amiga 500 and an Amiga 600. All in working order :)

Keep going there! It's your sacred duty to salvage these poor machines.

Bryce

Nice find, but you do realise that we all hate you for having access to such a gold mine that we don't have access to, don't you? :D

Bryce.

joska

Quote from: Bryce on 20:34, 08 October 13Nice find, but you do realise that we all hate you for having access to such a gold mine that we don't have access to, don't you?

Then I will make sure to update this thread whenever I find something nice :)

Bryce

Definitely! Always good to see retro stuff being saved (even if we are jealous). You got a free A600 too? Working? Expanded? Good condition?  :'(

Bryce.

AMSDOS

I envy you. I don't think there's any chance of finding anything like that here in Aust.  :o

Looks as if someone donated their Computer Museum to someone and it went straight to the trash.  :(
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

joska

Quote from: Bryce on 21:31, 08 October 13You got a free A600 too? Working? Expanded? Good condition?  :'(

In very good condition. The case and keyboard looks brand new. It's a standard 1Mb A600 with the early KickStart, I've since added 4Mb fastmem and a more recent Kickstart (don't ask me which, I'm no Amiga-guy) that allows me to use the IDE.

The A500 didn't look so good though, but atleast it came with an extra drive and some joysticks.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 20:34, 08 October 13
Nice find, but you do realise that we all hate you for having access to such a gold mine that we don't have access to, don't you? :D

Bryce.

Exclude me from all. No hate from my side.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mr_lou

In Denmark it's impossible to salvage anything.  :(

It's forbidden to take stuff from the trash. If you try to, they "guards" will be utterly pissed at you.
Not to say I haven't taken an occasional Wico joystick every now and then. (It's worth the risk  ;) ). And if I did see some other old retro computer there, I'd most probably also try to just "steal" it anyway.
But really a shame how such stupid silly rules forces us to witness the good old machines just being destroyed.

arnoldemu

Quote from: mr_lou on 06:15, 09 October 13
It is the same here in the UK.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

redbox

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:37, 09 October 13
It is the same here in the UK.
Not strictly true - a friend of mine got a working Apple II from the dump for a few quid.

arnoldemu

Quote from: redbox on 11:08, 09 October 13
Not strictly true - a friend of mine got a working Apple II from the dump for a few quid.
lucky. In Sheffield it's metal cages for the electrical stuff, and up some steps to different containers to put in wood, metal and general waste.

Best is the Isle of Man sites. They have a seperate hut which they put "good" stuff into. You are welcome to come along, browse and take it away. Found a few PCWs there before. I even saw what I thought was a c65 in one of the containers and a guy went in and got it for me.
My games. My Games

Bryce

So it wasn't a C65 then?

Bryce.

arnoldemu

My games. My Games

redbox

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:16, 09 October 13
Best is the Isle of Man sites. They have a seperate hut which they put "good" stuff into. You are welcome to come along, browse and take it away.

This is the same as at my local dump - they have a container & portacabin full of stuff but you have to make them an 'offer' if you want anything (but it's usually only a few quid).

Not sure if it's technically allowed but they do it anyway...!

Munchausen

So, where do you live? Hehe

Seriously though, nice find!

joska

It's forbidden to take stuff from the trash. If you try to, they "guards" will be utterly pissed at you.

Basically it's the same here, but if you ask they don't mind if you take a look. I go through the "junk" regularly, not because I expect to find any 8-bits (I usually don't) but because I collect and (attempt to) repair old Norwegian-made radios/stereos. I find a lot more of these than 8-bits ;)

TFM

Not to say I haven't taken an occasional Wico joystick every now and then. (It's worth the risk  ;) ). And if I did see some other old retro computer there, I'd most probably also try to just "steal" it anyway.
But really a shame how such stupid silly rules forces us to witness the good old machines just being destroyed.

Come on you're a rebel! You can do it! In the worst case you can donate some beer to them, that always worked in Germany.

And you're damn right about all that stupid rules! That happened all due to that EU crap! Time to make a stand  :o
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

God damn, why haven't I ever found anything? :D

Good fin man, enjoy!

joska

Quote from: Bryce on 20:34, 08 October 13

And yesterday's catch was a fully working Sega Master System II with a Sonic the Hedgehog cartridge, PSU and two controllers. Everything in working order. This is the second SMS II I've found.

beaker

... need an emoticon for rubbing our faces in it  :laugh: Damn I am jealous!

Bryce

Quote from: joska on 15:50, 14 October 13
And yesterday's catch was a fully working Sega Master System II with a Sonic the Hedgehog cartridge, PSU and two controllers. Everything in working order. This is the second SMS II I've found.

Ok, now you're just asking us to hate you :D Great find.

Bryce.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Bryce on 08:59, 18 October 13
Ok, now you're just asking us to hate you :D Great find.

Bryce.

I guess, if the key words you don't want to see is "fully working"!  :D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

TFM

Don't be jealous guys. Only someone who can be lucky for somebody else will find a great thing by himself.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft