News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

maxout & super cpc thread

Started by radu14m, 08:27, 29 March 14

Previous topic - Next topic

radu14m

Just found this videoclip, and was amazed from the construction[size=78%] [/size] :o

My Schneider CPC - a very personal computer - YouTube
So the ideea was to open this thread and to post here all the ideas, pictures and super cpc construction ( could be made also sticky ) !

Kris

A super customized CPC :)
Very amazing work !

Munchausen

A neat piece of work, though I was quite surprised that the only actual expansion is symbiface (with CF and IDE HDD) and a 3.5" drive.

I also don't really understand why the motherboard is in the rack mount case... it would fit inside the modified smaller case he has built. And finally, why have this awesomely upgraded CPC but only use a mono screen?!  :o

radu14m

redbox

Token

MacDeath

not even MIDI interface ? >:(

Bryce

With good planning you don't have to put it in a new case to max out the CPC :) 464+ Mod

Bryce.

radu14m

yes, that"s a masterpiece !
Imagine this setup back then in 1986  :o .....the others competitors like commodore, atari, toshiba would have been a joke !

MacDeath

the good point with the PLUS is that they have some missing bitz on the motherboards, that can be added...

Despite What I always say, to have a Tapedriver thing can enable nice sampling capabilities.
Ultra Son - CPCWiki

Ultrason type software in ROM managing the PLUS DMAsounds and extra+512k RAM could really be a nice piece of software, especially if some starkos could handly this as a plugin.

I hope some nice soft tools will be available along the CTC-AY card...

Perhaps too bad Amstrad didn't put a memory stick socket as with Atari STe... also an ACID+ROM socket could be nice.
Still its casing can offer nice place for inside job add-ons.

radu14m

what would take to have a memory socket ?

Bryce

Actually the best thing about the plus (for modding) is that it has so much free space inside, both above the mainboard and under the keyboard.

Bryce.

radu14m

Devilmarkus

Quote from: radu14m on 08:27, 29 March 14
Just found this videoclip, and was amazed from the construction :o

My Schneider CPC - a very personal computer - YouTube
So the ideea was to open this thread and to post here all the ideas, pictures and super cpc construction ( could be made also sticky ) !

Am I the only one, who fell asleep because a German guy tried to speak English?
Ähm... Äh..... Ehm.... Err...... zzzZzzZzzz....

Seriously the video would be much better if spoken in native language....
Except the really (for me) hard to follow spoken English, a nice video...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

radu14m

well, sorry for double post..did not saw my old post

is this person a member of this forum ?

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 11:36, 13 August 14
Am I the only one, who fell asleep because a German guy tried to speak English?
Ähm... Äh..... Ehm.... Err...... zzzZzzZzzz....

Seriously the video would be much better if spoken in native language....
Except the really (for me) hard to follow spoken English, a nice video...

Don't bitch at the Video, we all do as well as we can. I heart worse slang before  ;)  The whole point is that he has a great homepage. Take a look at that  :)

Thanks for the Link Radu!  :)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

radu14m

this one is a monster too !
big tower cpc...

Can be added to the wiki modding section.

Gryzor

Quote from: radu14m on 18:32, 13 August 14
this one is a monster too !
big tower cpc...

Can be added to the wiki modding section.

What the... that Z80 at the top is my photo! I don't even remember posting it anywhere...

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:08, 28 August 14

What the... that Z80 at the top is my photo! I don't even remember posting it anywhere...

Cut down on the Ouzo Gryzor :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

No, I'm serious. I had the full, scanner TIFFs on my laptop. That's the Z80 I have under my PC monitor on a piece of foam. And I recognise the photo because of the top shadow - the scanner lamp was creating that and then my girl suggested scanning it vertically, which eliminated the problem. I can post the full image if you want :)