News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

TechniX and MegaSound MX4 boards by ACME!

Started by TotO, 15:00, 18 February 19

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Hey!

If you are interrested by the TechniX MX4 expansion clone of the Techni-Musique (TMPI), the target price 19.90€.
Now, if your choice goes to the advanced MegaSound MX4 expansion board instead, the target price is 29.90€.

By the way, it will require at less 20 interrested peoples for a first batch with those prices. ;D
Attached,
the current progress... (prototype on a MX4 standard form factor + fake gerber view)

The TechniX board feature: 1x mea voice
The MegaSound board feature:
1x mea, 1x csm, 1x pcm (2x soft), 4x fm, 3x psg, 1x noise voices

1ST BATCH

**- TotO x2
00- Cpcmaniaco
01- LambdaMikel
02- Fedeo
03- Patrick
04- dimdim80
05- fano
06- Nitro
07- angelcaio
08- Munchausen
09- gros_minet
10- nano
11- slugman
12- genesis8
13- ASIC
14- remax
15- robcfg
16- Audronic
17- Toundrik
18- LambdaMikel
19- Vyper68
20- XeNoMoRPH
21- Scarlettkitten
22- Kris

23- kawickboy
24- yannis_uno
25- craem
26- asertus
27- rolek
28- zhulien x2
29- hergoth
30- radu14m
31- hsimpson

---

I have a stock of MEA8000 speech synthesizer circuits originaly bought 3 years ago to provide an Athanor II ingame voices with Techni-Musique compatibility.

Sadly, the feature was not kept. So, if you require to repair or build your own Techni-Musique, please contact me. The price is 9.90€ for the CPC community.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

LambdaMikel

Good project! Add me to the list.... would that speak french only btw? Anyhow, please add me! I love and collect all kinds of speech synths, no matter how weird they are  :D
I probably have one of the largest collections of retro speech synthesizers in the world  ;) But that thing is missing!

TotO

The MEA8000 is not limited to french. You can program it to speech any languages as it use the RAM or a ROM to store data.
It is not limited to phoneme as it can speak with words to sound surprisingly far better than most of the weird existing circuits.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

LambdaMikel

Quote from: TotO on 12:29, 19 February 19
The MEA8000 is not limited to french. You can program it to speech any languages as it use the RAM or a ROM to store data.
It is not limited to phoneme as it can speak with words to sound surprisingly far better than most of the weird existing circuits.
I see. But that means you will have to create a rather complicated text-to-speech program that does that translation... I know this program exists for french. But for other languages? Also, will it require a lot of memory and CPU on the CPC side then? (I am assuming you need to send a lot of "instructions" then to the MEA8000) So I expect such a text-to-speech program to be a lot of effort...

GUNHED

Quote from: TotO on 15:00, 18 February 19
If you want a Techni-Musique MX4 expansion clone (target price 24.90€), I require at less 30 peoples interrested for a first batch.

Thank you,

TotO.

This is a very decent price like usual. Is it compatible to some sort of already existing device?

In general it's a bit a pity that we now have / get all the expansions we did lack for some decades, but they're all different again. I wished that hardware creators would agree on "standards" for the CPC.  :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

LambdaMikel

Quote from: GUNHED on 15:51, 19 February 19

This is a very decent price like usual. Is it compatible to some sort of already existing device?

In general it's a bit a pity that we now have / get all the expansions we did lack for some decades, but they're all different again. I wished that hardware creators would agree on "standards" for the CPC.  :)
... MX4 is the standard  :)

LambdaMikel

Found this one -

http://www.polaxis.be/mea-vox/

Even some software - talking clock in french:

https://github.com/deladriere/euro-modules/tree/master/Mea_vox
Interestingly, this project uses the Mikroelektronika mikroBUS format, so that's the same (physical) format like the LambdaSpeak daughterboard. 

LambdaMikel

This is a good example of what you have to go through if you ever were to write something for that chip - the "words" for the numbers in french look as follows:

https://github.com/deladriere/euro-modules/blob/master/Mea_vox/Software/MeaVox_Arduino_Clock/horloge.h

That illustrates my point a bit that it would require quite some effort to come up with a text to speech for english.

Not saying it is bad, certainly very powerful, but a lot of effort to program.

TotO

Not a great examples... Sound worst than on a CPC. ;D

Like the TMS5220, the MEA8000 use formant-synthesized speech and it is absolutly not related to french.
I don't see why it will require much effort to produce english languages as most of the internet examples related to Formant are in english.

Sure, there is a programming work, but with that you not only got english speech... But German, Spanish, ...
It can be reliably intelligible and can produce great techno and ambiant sounds, robot and alien voices... Not only speech.

By the way, this speech synthesizer circuit sound far better than SPO256 or related and the expansion is standard on CPC.
Using this shoud chip allow a really good compromise with quality and price for an expansion (except if nobody is interrested  :-\ )

LambdaMikel

Quote from: TotO on 19:06, 19 February 19
By the way, this speech synthesizer circuit sound far better than SPO256 or related and the expansion is standard on CPC.
Using this shoud chip allow a really good compromise with quality and price for an expansion (except if nobody is interrested  :-\ )

Well, I am! Sign me up  :)

If you are into making a more modern speech synth with a slightly more available chip, then I'd suggest to look into the SpeakJet. I have a couple sitting here, but haven't had the time yet to start working on the AmJet project.

TotO

I'm more in the scope to provide MEA8000 IC to peoples or a compatible board, not building a modern speech synthesizer. ;)

Fedeo

I am also interested in getting one.  :D

Patrick

You can add me to the list for one card. Thank you.

dimdim80

Hello Toto,count me also in please.Some suggestion:

• multilanguage(greek perhaps included  :) :) )
  • predefiens voices
  • capability to easy use produced speech in applications
  • support cpc 6128 plus extar features.

fano

One for me , One for me !  ;D
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

LambdaMikel

Btw, is there a list of games that uses the TechnoMusique?
English text-to-speech would be really nice.... does it exists, or is somebody going to write it?

Nitro

Hello TotO, I am also interested in getting one. Thanks!
Edit: it would be a Megasound.

GUNHED

Quote from: fano on 09:40, 21 February 19
One for me , One for me !  ;D

So two for fano  ;)  I guess I need to read some more about this chip.  :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

TotO

angelcaio

Un autre pour moi, s'il te plait. Merci[emoji6]

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Munchausen

TotO

Here, the current progress... (a fitting design work for a MX4 standard form factor)

Bryce

Very nice layout, great usage of PCB space!

Bryce.

TotO

Thank you very much!  ;)

Here funny experimental with the MEA and synth instruments. (should remember JMJ)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTtH8VMsJ7E