News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MultiFace II clone

Started by talrek, 20:36, 11 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

talrek

HI,
no problem , here are the pics.
If you want something more specific just ask  ;D
[attach=11][attach=11]
[attach=2][attach=3][attach=4][attach=5][attach=7][attach=6][attach=8][attach=9]

TotO

How many Amps does the board use?
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

talrek

I didn't measure it, but no more than original i think it is almost the same components, just the package is changing for smd.

I will measure it  :)

radu14m

Looking great !!!
My mx4 slots are already filled on my cpc, time to  go mx8  :P

CraigsBar

Quote from: radu14m on 14:11, 19 April 15
Looking great !!!
My mx4 slots are already filled on my cpc, time to  go mx8  :P
ditto! It's great isn't it? ;)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Ast

Good job.
Last precision, does it work on mother 4x with : (all connected)
-Playcity
-X-mem
-X-mass
&
Multiface 2

Or must i connect multiface 2 mx4 alone?

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

CraigsBar

Quote from: Ast on 11:23, 20 April 15
Good job.
-Playcity
-X-mem
-X-mass
&
Multiface 2

I can let you know once I get mine.

talrek

Quote from: Ast on 11:23, 20 April 15
Good job.
-Playcity
-X-mem
-X-mass
&
Multiface 2

I have  connected : XMem + XMass + MF2. Everything works.
I tested (the 3 connected without power supply on mother X4) :

1)Add Airwolf.rom in rom 03, with RMA in the xmem
2)reset
3) |airwolf from xmem --> runs well
4) Use "stop button" on multiface, "save", "program", "disc" -->new name on disc "airzolf"
5) reset on multiface
6) run "airzolf" --> game running
7) reset multiface, stop multiface, then chose "return" to make the mf2 invisible
8) run "airzolf" it doesn't work because the mf2 is invisible !!!! (normal)
9) reset mf2 , the mf2 is visible again
10) run "airzolf" --> works again...

Guess what  ;D ;D ;D ;D It seems to work all together for now. But i'm sure guys you will find something because i can't test everything i think.

talrek

Just received my new programmer... works fine, time to send the first batch ;-)
I'm going to order for the second batch.
Now i'm sure the batch is 100% functionnal, and due to the lot of reservation, i'm going to ask payment in advance.

Delay will be 4-5 weeks for the second batch.
Payment should be done until May 1st.

Shipment of the first batch will begins Friday ;-)

;D

talrek

Hi everybody.

First shipment ready to go...  ;D
[attach=2]

Ast

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

CraigsBar

CraigsBar

OK, Now a question.....

Once my MF2+ arrives I hope to start doing yet more Cart Conversions. this time I'll modify the process a little.

1. Load the game on the Plus.
2. if controls are customisable set the game up to be fully 'joypad + P' compatible
3. Freeze and save the game to disk.
4. Use anti Multiface to create a loader than does not require an MF2 present
5. Convert to DSK
6. Convert to cart with @arnoldemu 's tool.

Now the question....
Is there a way to load a multiface saved image without the screen distortion during load, or at least hide the screen (all black) until the game is fully loaded?

if not then so be it, I guess I will just create ugly carts!

I also plan on coding a simple Basic Joystick controlled menu for the DIZZY games, to create a couple of DIZZY Compilation carts, one for the 7 games, and one for the spinoffs. This menu will be in basic so don't expect too much -   No snazzy colours or rasters

Any thoughts on the Multiface loading plan let me know. (Remembering I am no coder - Unless you mean Basic)

Craig

talrek

I like your project, but can't help you sorry  :-[ my skills in programming are various, but not on CPC and specially assembler  :-[

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:48, 24 April 15
OK, Now a question.....

Once my MF2+ arrives I hope to start doing yet more Cart Conversions. this time I'll modify the process a little.

1. Load the game on the Plus.
2. if controls are customisable set the game up to be fully 'joypad + P' compatible
3. Freeze and save the game to disk.
4. Use anti Multiface to create a loader than does not require an MF2 present
5. Convert to DSK
6. Convert to cart with @arnoldemu 's tool.

Now the question....
Is there a way to load a multiface saved image without the screen distortion during load, or at least hide the screen (all black) until the game is fully loaded?

if not then so be it, I guess I will just create ugly carts!

I also plan on coding a simple Basic Joystick controlled menu for the DIZZY games, to create a couple of DIZZY Compilation carts, one for the 7 games, and one for the spinoffs. This menu will be in basic so don't expect too much -   No snazzy colours or rasters

Any thoughts on the Multiface loading plan let me know. (Remembering I am no coder - Unless you mean Basic)

Craig

dxs

Hi there,

The MF2 repro came home, and all I can say is that it's a fine job, good work Talrek! And thank you!

Gryzor

Got it already? Lucky bastard :D

talrek

he hé
he is from France ;-) you sould receive yours soon  :D

Gryzor

Heh :D Not worrying, just anxious :)

talrek

Hi !
it is just to remind that in two days the order for the second batch will be closed.

:)
Some people declared they were interrested weeks ago, and i don't have any response.

wmsteele

Hi, I would be interested in one if you have any spare from this batch?

fatbob

I would also be interested in one if there are any left.

talrek

@wmsteele and @fatbob : PM Sent

CraigsBar

OK The MF II remake arrived today. And a wonderfully well made piece of kit it is too. Oddness however is that although it works perfectly on my 6128 with Tape Mod, it does not work on my Expanded 464plus

In theory these 2 machine are identical - Both have 128k, Both have Disc Interfaces, both have tape interfaces. But on my 464 plus when hiding the MF II and returning to Basic, |tape or run" will both crash the machine, or reboot it.

On the 6128plus this does not happen. No biggie as my original Multiface 2 works fine on the 464plus, and the Remake can be used to load, it just cannot be hidden. Most odd!!

Now to work out how to copy Anti Multiface accross and make the first Speccy-port-cart-port CPR file. I am going with Uridium, because it all loads into 64k so will work with AntiMultiface and hopefully then make a workable GX cart.

Wish me luck

Craig.

[/size][size=78%] [/size]

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:35, 30 April 15
OK The MF II remake arrived today. And a wonderfully well made piece of kit it is too. Oddness however is that although it works perfectly on my 6128 with Tape Mod, it does not work on my Expanded 464plus

In theory these 2 machine are identical - Both have 128k, Both have Disc Interfaces, both have tape interfaces. But on my 464 plus when hiding the MF II and returning to Basic, |tape or run" will both crash the machine, or reboot it.

On the 6128plus this does not happen. No biggie as my original Multiface 2 works fine on the 464plus, and the Remake can be used to load, it just cannot be hidden. Most odd!!

Now to work out how to copy Anti Multiface accross and make the first Speccy-port-cart-port CPR file. I am going with Uridium, because it all loads into 64k so will work with AntiMultiface and hopefully then make a workable GX cart.

Wish me luck

Craig.
hmm so far bad news. Anti multiface seems to dislike pluses, and does not work. OK bed time now. Will dig out a CPC tomorrow.

talrek

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:35, 30 April 15

Wish me luck

Craig.

Interresting...
On the original MF2 what is the eprom version ? is it 8B ?

Both devices should be similar... may be there are other differencies between your "Regular" cpc+ and your "Extra" 464+