News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MultiPlay MX4 Expansion

Started by TotO, 18:29, 15 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

What site are you using to send the packets Toto?.

One time when i buy in france the amstrad gun in eBay. Until i wait two weeks, i go to eBay to ask the seller where is my packet. Then i found and pre-made  repond of the the seller.

And It send me to a strange site i never heard to It. Then i view my packet. Was a week ago in a traveler agency jajajaja.

Its sound crazy. Buts maybe this site can be an alternative  to the lost packet to the users depend of the country. I felt strange where i  go to the travel agency and say "is my packet here?.

But yeah, my packet was awaiting me in the travel agency perfect jaja.

https://www.mondialrelay.fr

TotO

No, my problems are more X-Files classified because I have sent items without issue at the same peoples too.
I have ordered parts to the same sellers before and after too... But, if MultiPlay related, it was lost.  :-\
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

dragon

Add in the shop mini a8 traker

Then if he lost, the user can go gps coordinate  localization with a gx4000 stick in one hand.

:D

Bryce

Quote from: TotO on 12:14, 23 October 16
The Multiplay is a cursed expansion.  :o

In May/June, I have built 20 boards and sent them.
12 was lost, 2 should return to me... And I'm not able to build more because in tree months:
- two 20pcs CPLD orders was lost
- one 20pcs PCB order was lost
- one 20pcs DB9 order was lost

I no more own it because I have sent mine to Rhino some months ago.
Definitively, if you have this board at home... Take care!  :-\

Maybe now you understand why it's wise to allow for these things in the price of the device?

Bryce.

TotO

Quote from: Bryce on 08:32, 24 October 16
Maybe now you understand why it's wise to allow for these things in the price of the device?
I have took care to have insurance to be refunt about problems. And that not made hardware cost twice.
My prices are definitively well adjusted since 3 years now, and I have shared this story because it look scary.  :-\
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

Good to know. It's good to have low priced hardware, but not at the expense of the person building it.

Bryce.

zhulien

does that mean no more MX4 boards will be made?

zhulien

i think the MX4 expansion is a nice one, especially the ability to use the Amiga Mouses, for me that is the main thing but the MX4 together with the special 'normal' dual joystick adapters for CPC you then get up to 4 non-conflicting joysticks for CPC so games like bomberman can be more viable.  Then... imagine if you also allowed network players via the internet also?

TotO

That only means the MultiPlay will be delayed while I will not receive all the parts to build them.

dragon

I Think the multiplay is a good idea, But at the finish he have the same problem of the normal port joysticks. The number of buttons. Many games use more that two/three buttons/keys.

I always think the best joysticks for the cpc are the snes with 8 buttons.

A great expansión could be a adapter to these joysticks.

TotO

I disagree... Most of the CPC games use only 1 button. Some 2. Few 3. (mainly require to be redefined)
The MultiPlay can support a SNES hacked controller. But...
Before doing what, please code a great game with a gameplay using more than 2 buttons and we can speek! 8)

Skunkfish

Streetfighter II - CPC edition would make my dreams come true if it supports a SNES controller via the MultiPlay!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

dragon

Quote from: TotO on 11:46, 09 November 16
I disagree... Most of the CPC games use only 1 button. Some 2. Few 3. (mainly require to be redefined)
The MultiPlay can support a SNES hacked controller with UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, START, SELECT, A, B, X (or RT), Y (or LT) buttons.
But... Before doing what, please code a great game with a gameplay using more than 2 buttons and we can speek! 8)

Yeah, i think in the terms of controlling with joystick all keys of the game.For example indiana jones and fate of atlantis appears (manual is in french) need more that three buttons. So at finish with joystick you can't separate from the keyboard. I mean all include quit pause etc.. (select+start).

Anyway many games don't permit assing button 2 to the joystick even with using redefine function of the game. I asume is not the case of multiplay if you send it to another keyboard lines.

TotO

The MultiPlay don't use key lines but a data buffer for each controller.
So, it require new or patched games/programs to deal with it.

HAL6128

@TotO
Am I right that the Amiga Mouse modus of the Multiplay has following pinout configuration (see picture below)?
Just a thought: Would it be possible to use this configuration together with an AMX mouse (without the joystick emulation interface) and changing some wiring?
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

TotO

Picture?

HAL6128

ups, forgot the picture at the last post...
[attachimg=1]

I meant without the interface. Only the mouse. Your board is providing 5V for the mouse. Could it translate the signals from the mouse into the right signal for the CPC?
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

TotO

I don't know how work the AMX mouse without its interface. Like an ST or Amiga mouse?
If yes, you should probably plug it by using a little adapter.

GUNHED

Any news about connecting am AMX mouse?

Which software this this great expansion use?

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

SyX

Happy new year! :)
I got some time during the last days for cleaning a few things of my infinitely large todo list. In this case, those are my first patches for supporting the Multiplay mouse in games.
The first two games are: Arkanoid I and the classic Bustout!/Rebotes from the CPC manuals. Enjoy! :)

In this moment, I have a dozen of games in process of being patched. If somebody has any game suggestion, speak!!!  ;)
PS: Arkanoid I for CPC includes a lot of game bugs :P, but it is a classic and the perfect game for starting this serie of patches.

zhulien

I am sure it won't work with the majority of games, and of course I know the mx4 is easy to program in BASIC, but... if you did make a small BASIC patch, it could save people modifying existing CPC BASIC games to work with it - perhaps run the BASIC patch first, then run the new game - people could make custom loaders if they wanted.

deepfb

SyX

Even if it looks that it has not been more news during the last week about my work with those patches. In reality, a lot of things have happened.
I have been helping to add multiplay mouse support to a few emulators. One of those emulators, Caprice Forever was released yesterday and supports the mouse already (Merci Frédéric! :)), you can get the last version (21.1) here. Other emulators will be released with support of this device soon, hehehe.

With respect to new patches, I have been working hard and there is a few more games working in some state (from 50% to 99%) and I will released them when I feel happy. In this moment, I am finishing Batty and Operation Wolf, but you can find the actual list in my blog.
The reason for Batty is because the game supports two players simultaneously and that let me to add support for two devices. @deepfb made a video where you can see how the game works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VmmcWjQR4U&feature=youtu.be

GUNHED

What I can tell from the video, the movement really looks proportional. Especially in case of this type of games a great advantage. Thanks for your great work!!!  :) :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

SyX

Quote from: GUNHED on 13:40, 10 January 21
What I can tell from the video, the movement really looks proportional. Especially in case of this type of games a great advantage. Thanks for your great work!!!  :) :) :)
Thanks! :)

You know that I love those exotic controllers, but as always we need software that supports those kind of boards for bringing more interest in this area. And I have chosen to have fun by patching games instead of the usual Advanced Art Studio, Micro Design, ...