News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MultiPlay MX4 Expansion

Started by TotO, 18:29, 15 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

20 boards was pre-ordered since. 10 was built. 5 was already sent!  :)
Actually, I'm waiting parts for the next pre-orders...
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

zhulien

is it likely that MultiPlay MX4 will work with AtariVox+ ?

AtariVox+ Speech Synthesizer

TotO

No, it was made to support controllers input not expansions output.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TotO

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE,

I have sent the first MultiPlay boards.
Please, note that you have to take care when you insert the controllers plugs into the MultiPlay connectors.
Some molded plugs (not all) require to force and should damage the board if you not take care about that...

Hold them firmly between fingers when you plug your controllers, CPC turned off.
(from my side, I have done my best with double soldering and strong glue)

THANK YOU.

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 16:11, 01 June 16
YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE,

I have sent the first MultiPlay boards.
Please, note that you have to take care when you insert the controllers plugs into the MultiPlay connectors.
Some molded plugs (not all) require to force and should damage the board if you not take care about that...
Hold them firmly between fingers when you plug your controllers, CPC turned off.
(from my side, I have done my best with double soldering and strong glue)
THANK YOU.

Please use a short cable adapter / cable extension: You plug it into the MultiPlay only once, but can exchange the joysticks as you wish.  :)

Overpriced example:
3M 3 Metre 9ft 10" 9 Pin D Sub Male to Female Serial Data Extension Cable | eBay
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Should be fine if it cost not more than MultiPlay itself! :D
Just take care to not use a serial cable but a full 9 pins wired D-SUB.

EDIT:
I should build them fast and not expensive using 9-pins ribbon cable... I will let you know!

TFM

Having the MultiPlay on the MX8 in a box needs this kind of cables anyway.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

hsimpson

Shipment of MultiPlay safely arrived.

Thanks a lot TotO :)

TFM

Hi guys! Since some of you have gotten the first boards, could you do an easy experiment for me please?

When having the MultiPlay connected and other hardware, please do in BASIC:

? inp(&F990),inp(&F991)

And tell the result? Please tell also the CPC model you use and which other hardware you got on the expansion port.

Why do I ask? I want to see if there is interference between MutliPlay and other hardware. (I know there is on one case). Thank you!!!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

skywalky

Mine arrived yesterday. Thank you

HAL6128

Mine arrived too! Great!
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

TFM

@arnoldemu , @Devilmarkus , @Executioner , @Lone (alphabetically sorted) : Guys we do need emulator support for the wonderful MultiPlay. Should be super easy to implement this one (compared to other expansion cards).  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

Don't forget @mahlemiut, as he done a great PlayCity emulation into MESS.  8)

TFM

Well, never got MESS running on my hardware, but will give it a new try in soon.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Scarlettkitten

Mine's arrived, thank you :) <3
Sophie Rose:- My musical works https://soundcloud.com/sophierosemusics

arnoldemu

Quote from: TFM on 19:37, 10 June 16
@arnoldemu , @Devilmarkus , @Executioner , @Lone (alphabetically sorted) : Guys we do need emulator support for the wonderful MultiPlay. Should be super easy to implement this one (compared to other expansion cards).  :) :) :)
Arnold has had multiplay emulation since January I believe (excluding mouse which I'll be adding in the next release).

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Poliander

Quote from: TFM on 17:30, 06 June 16
When having the MultiPlay connected and other hardware, please do in BASIC:

? inp(&F990),inp(&F991)

3   0

Schneider CPC 664 / MotherX4 / X-MASS / X-MEM / MultiPlay MX4 (Amiga mouse connected on first port)

First value changes when moving the mouse. Little mouse test:

10 ? INP(&F990),INP(&F991)
20 GOTO 10

Looks good so far  :) ...oh wouldn't that be nice to have a proper mouse in SymbOS
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

TFM

Quote from: Poliander on 19:55, 15 June 16
3   0

Schneider CPC 664 / MotherX4 / X-MASS / X-MEM / MultiPlay MX4 (Amiga mouse connected on first port)

First value changes when moving the mouse. Little mouse test:

Oh WoW! Are you sure to have the switch set to "Joystick" and not to "Mouse". According to @TotO the port &F990 shall not provide values for the mouse, only for the joystick!

Thanks a lot for testing!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

gerald

Quote from: TFM on 21:22, 15 June 16

Oh WoW! Are you sure to have the switch set to "Joystick" and not to "Mouse". According to @TotO the port &F990 shall not provide values for the mouse, only for the joystick!

Thanks a lot for testing!  :)
joystick and mouse uses the same connector, so what you see on the joystick port is the quadrature signal from the mouse. The dedicated mouse I/O is the result of decoding these signals

TFM

Quote from: gerald on 15:59, 16 June 16
joystick and mouse uses the same connector, so what you see on the joystick port is the quadrature signal from the mouse. The dedicated mouse I/O is the result of decoding these signals

Are you sure? This was posted before (Mouses only transfer buttons to F990, but not lower 4 bits). Can somebody please explain that.

Quote from: TotO on 13:39, 27 May 16
F990 : 0321RLDU : Input A, joystick and buttons
F991 : 0321RLDU : Input B, joystick and buttons
F992 : 0000XXXX : Input A, mouse X
F993 : 0000YYYY : Input A, mouse Y
F994 : 0000XXXX : Input B, mouse X
F995 : 0000YYYY : Input B, mouse Y
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

Sure, gerald is right. The board can't know that you are using a mouse "as joystick" by reading the wrong port.
So, only plug joysticks while you read &F990, &F991 ... And mouse for others.

arnoldemu

Quote from: TotO on 16:57, 16 June 16
Sure, gerald is right. The board can't know that you are using a mouse "as joystick" by reading the wrong port.
So, only plug joysticks while you read &F990, &F991 ... And mouse for others.
So it's also possible to update the mouse registers with joystick directions? :)

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TotO

And you can put a DVD into a CD player... The result will be just not as expected.  :-\
Differents address ports exist, because joysticks and mice are plugged to the same connector but not use the same electronic to work.

TFM

Ok, I see. The data at F990 is a kind of shaddow from the mouse data. Thought there might be a switch on the board to select. but I will see as soon as I will have my unit.

Is there a way to tell from software side if the connected hardware is a joystick or a mouse?

TFM of FutureSoft

zhulien

Hi. Have you sent my order yet? Seems all email attempts to contact you have bounced recently. Julian