News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

My Amstrad CPC 6128 drive works! - Thanks Bryce

Started by Neil79, 20:07, 28 August 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

Top quality work mate, my disk drive is working sweet as! It's actually quieter than before the problems, and many of the games that didn't work are now working :)  ( Not all though )

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

zeropolis79

Think my drive could do with a tune-up...

Bryce

Glad you're happy with the result. A good service can do wonders for an old drive.

Bryce.

TFM

Nice present for 30 years of CPC6128  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

zeropolis79

Quote from: Bryce on 20:54, 28 August 15
Glad you're happy with the result. A good service can do wonders for an old drive.

Bryce.

Bryce - how much would it cost for you to give my disc drive a service (please)

Bryce

Neil79

I can't believe how much quieter the drive is, and that's before I had anything to do with it! Just shows that the motor RPM was out

Bryce

The commutator was filthy and badly worn. That would cause most of the noise. I filed it back smooth and cleaned it before I re-seated the brushes, which is why it's back to almost new quietness. I also greased the hub which might have helped too.

Bryce.

Neil79

CPC_Fan

Glad to hear that Bryce fixed your drive for you Neil and that you got it back ok.