News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

My Machines

Started by retromax, 01:19, 17 February 11

Previous topic - Next topic

retromax

Hi All, So this is my first post and I thought i'd introduce myself :) , my first computer was a mkII CPC464 so since then i've always loved them.

here are my machines:-

My mkI CPC464 with green screen

My mkII CPC464 with colour monitor

My mkIII CPC464 (which also has a colour monitor)

and my CPC6128

Obviousley I built the disk drive above a while back with info from here :) ....

Here's the drive, I used the power supply from an external HDD ;)

and on the back are two switches, one switches to side two and the other selects either drive A or B

Seeing as I also have a small collection of arcade cabinets I have spare parts.... so I built the Amstrad joystick that I would have loved as a kid!!

anyway.... looking forward to reading the threads around here so off I go to do that :)

norecess

First, welcome here ! It's always great to see new people here sharing same interest.  8)
Next, congratulations for having such a large CPC collection running at in the good old days :)
And finally, it's nice to see you building that 3"1/2 drive thanks to CPCwiki info !!

TFM

Well, what's about the toaster in the first pic? Does it contain a external PSU or a SMS2Toast hardware, which needs the CPC-Booster+?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

norecess

arnoldemu

Quote from: retromax on 01:19, 17 February 11
Hi All, So this is my first post and I thought i'd introduce myself :) , my first computer was a mkII CPC464 so since then i've always loved them.

anyway.... looking forward to reading the threads around here so off I go to do that :)
Welcome to the wiki forums.
Nice collection.

That joystick is a beast, almost bigger than the cpc itself.  :laugh:

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

villain

Quote from: TFM/FS on 03:07, 17 February 11
Does it contain a external PSU or a SMS2Toast hardware, which needs the CPC-Booster+?

Casemodded C64. :-)

Bryce

Hi Retromax,
        welcome to the Forum / Wiki, neat casings you've done for the drive and the Joystick and a nice well preserved collection of CPCs too, impressive that you have quite a few of the original packing too.

Bryce.

MacDeath

Welcome...
Here's a part of mines...

Anyway I love your Arcade Joystick and your external diskDrive Casing...

My actual collection is more like :
1 x CPC464 + 1xmonochrome monitor.
2xCPC6128 + 1x Colour monitor
3x6128Plus (one with internal 3"1/2 diskdrive) and 2xcolour Monitors

also :
-Spectrum+2
-Amiga 500
-Atari 1040STE and 520STE (yeah...)

My Brother also has some ORIC (ATMOS?) I think...

Perhaps an Atari TT must be somewhere...

You should get your hand on a 6128Plus...
Clearly a good machine.

QuoteWell, what's about the toaster in the first pic? Does it contain a   external PSU or a SMS2Toast hardware, which needs the CPC-Booster+?
Not even a guenuine Amstrad Toaster... :'(

Bryce

You could have tidied up a little before you took the picture! :D

Bryce.

arnoldemu

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:45, 17 February 11
Welcome...
Here's a part of mines...

a spectrum +2 ? And you hate the colour clash? WTF?

Is that a cpc6128 with crtc type 4 I also see?

I like the way the 6128plus can easily be knocked off the monitor and then hit the floor, better to put a 6128 or 464 up there ;)

I would show pictures of my cpcs but all you would see is cardboard boxes, most of it is packed away until I need to test something.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

sigh

Quote from: MacDeath on 13:45, 17 February 11
You should get your hand on a 6128Plus...
Clearly a good machine.

STOP SHOWING OFF!!!

I will get my hands on one of those, I swear.....

Bryce

There's one on eeeeiiibay Germany at the moment, but it probably won't be cheap.

Bryce.

MacDeath

Quotea spectrum +2 ? And you hate the colour clash? WTF?
My brother got this one, and I happended to inherit it... >:(
But...well, it is still some sort of Amstrad... ::)

Never used it actually...

Just displayed it alongside real Amstrad so we can see how awesome they are compaired to that sh....

and there are shitton of Plus availlable in France...
so yeah, not cheap... :'(

TFM

Quote from: villain on 11:02, 17 February 11

Casemodded C64. :-)

Hmm, rather the C64 drive  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

retromax

Thanks for the replies peeps :) , I thought I was subscribed to the topic and would recieve an email notification but didn't ???  anyway....
The joystick is meant to be a beast to replicate the arcade feeling... never could quite get that arcade feeling on a quickshot II ;) , the toaster was there because I had it setup on the kitchen top for the picture ;D .
Most of the pictures were taken in the kitchen to be honest (so the wife didn't moan ;) ) but I do have the 6128 setup in my little boy's bedroom now and i've converted quite a few .dsk images to 3.5" floppy.... BTW the casing on my 3.5" floppy drive is just 4 pieces of MDF with 4 bolts running though top to bottom... the heads of the bolts have been sunk but the nuts act as 4 feet for the drive as i've put felt pads on them ;) .
This is just my Amstrad collection off the top of my head I can't think of the rest of my collection.... but i'll have a go...

Quite a few old consoles and home computers,
Old computers I've got an Amiga 1200 with the accelerator board and stuff 8mb ram and hdd, 3 Atari St's (a 4mb 1040STE, a 2mb 520STE and a 500k 520STFM), 6 different Speccy's, C64, C+4, Vic20, Acorn A3000, Amiga 600 and more...

Consoles.. Atari woody (heavy six), 3 more 2600 Juniors, Nes, Snes, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master system 1&2, Megadrive 1&2 (well about 6 megadrive 1's and one with the mega cd), Saturn, Dreamcast, about 6 original gameboys in various colours, about 3 gameboy pockets, gameboy colour, gameboy advance (original & sp versions), a couple of gamegears, a psp, psone/two, xbox, ds, 2 PS3's and others that I can't think of, and about 10 plug and play tv games................ Plus boxes and boxes of games for all of the above!

Oh and 8 or so Arcade machines..... some running mame... some running their original games...

Here's my ChaseHQ:-

;D

redbox

Hey retromax, I'll ask my mum when I get in from school, and give you 3 rings if I'm coming round to play, ok?

;)

Bryce

Count me in one that one, my mum said I can stay till tea-time, I'll bring the crisps :)

Bryce.

(Apologies to mainland europeans and others, who probably don't get either my nor redboxes comments)

retromax

;D
He He..... I wish I had all this stuff when I was still at school.... My son and his friends do have fun though when they call round for tea.... even though it's stuff from way before they were born.... My Time Crisis arcade is very popular!!

ChaseHQ in action:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfr9Yue9KvE

oh and my 'little arcade' :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWFaJKKItQ

MacDeath

Crisps ? did you meant Chips ? ::)

Then bring a few ACID and ASICS... (chips.... ok....)

norecess

really nice ChaseHQ arcade!

Xyphoe

Quote from: retromax on 12:42, 18 February 11

Here's my ChaseHQ:-

;D

HOLY COW!

I think I may have just achieved a boner....... ???
;D ;D ;D

I'd fucking love to have a Chase HQ machine!!!!

I do have my own Mame cab with it in but of course, just not the same using a joystick and buttons to accelerate etc

Xyphoe

And how about purchasing this version!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Chase-H-q-Porsche-911-Arcade-Game-Full-Motion-Hq-/380186200391?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5884dd0947

Only $1,000,000 !!  :o ??? ??? ???

Hmmm ... why not put pics up of it switched on and working if it's supposedly working?
And an error is that its a Porsche 928 NOT a 911 duh  ::)

retromax

Quote from: Xyphoe on 18:28, 19 February 11
And how about purchasing this version!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Chase-H-q-Porsche-911-Arcade-Game-Full-Motion-Hq-/380186200391?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5884dd0947

Only $1,000,000 !!  :o ??? ??? ???

Hmmm ... why not put pics up of it switched on and working if it's supposedly working?
And an error is that its a Porsche 928 NOT a 911 duh  ::)
Without even clicking on that link I know it's that awful black & blue thing in the US ::) , it's not actually an original ChaseHQ cab as they didn't make one like that.... it's a conversion of "Full Throttle" as seen here....

OCT

^ Hopefully time has been as kind to booth babes as to our vintage hardware. :)

Quote from: Bryce on 18:08, 17 February 11There's one on eeeeiiibay Germany at the moment, but it probably won't be cheap.
With all due congratz to xesrjb, I'd sure love to add a Plus to my collection (and actually do some work on it! hence QWERTY if at all possible) albeit nowhere near (let alone north of) 123 Euros - here's hoping just the monitor (which I'll never need) must have been what made http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140510960914 expensive. :) Feel free to contact me if you happen to have a "bare" CPC6128+ on offer...

Aren't the British treating their very own national icons ;) (as seen on TV) kind enough to have some available in mint condition every now and then on eBay - just like in... AZERTY-land a/k/a France? <duck>

BTW I recall an early ARM machine being demoed playing full-screen video (an amazing feat in itself back in the day with only the Amiga coming close) while members of the audience were invited (no fear of static as it seemed) to confirm that the fanless CPU stayed cold to the touch (in an era when every self-respecting PC would boast a noise level and active ventilation second only to a wind tunnel).

sigh

Quote from: OCT on 20:16, 20 February 11With all due congratz to xesrjb, I'd sure love to add a Plus to my collection (and actually do some work on it! hence QWERTY if at all possible) albeit nowhere near (let alone north of) 123 Euros -

It's crazy how hard it is to find a 6128 + machine in the UK. I've seen a 464+ last month on ebay, but 6128 +UK seems to be a bit of a rare holy grail these days.