News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Desperately seeking a replacement CPC 6128 PCB

Started by CraigsBar, 22:02, 18 November 21

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Has anyone got a working CPC 6128 PCB?

I have one here with a short accross ram pins 13, 14 and 15 so it obviously is not working. I cannot for the life of me trace the short and at this stage I think a replacement board is the probably the best fix! so if you have a good board can you let me know?

Thanks

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Audronic

Perhaps :- Observe the colour of the Ram chips and maybe that will help find your problem

Good luck
Keep Safe

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Audronic on 23:53, 18 November 21
Perhaps :- Observe the colour of the Ram chips and maybe that will help find your problem

Good luck
Keep Safe

Ray

All ram chips are removed and the short is still there :( I was hoping it would be just a failed ram chip. of which I have plenty of spares LOL ;)

RetroCPC

When you say "Short" - is the short to GND or between the pins? its odd a Pin 13 goes to a Mux IC and is not a signal on the CPU Bus (CPC 6128) and likewise Pin 15 CAS goes to the PAL.. again not on a common Bus...

CraigsBar

Quote from: RetroCPC on 12:05, 19 November 21
When you say "Short" - is the short to GND or between the pins? its odd a Pin 13 goes to a Mux IC and is not a signal on the CPU Bus (CPC 6128) and likewise Pin 15 CAS goes to the PAL.. again not on a common Bus...
The 3 pins are shorted together (Not to ground or the 5v rail that I can find) I have searched and search for any solder splashes, which I was expecting to find under the badly soldered socket of a previous "Repair" but I have found nothing. I cannot even see anywhere else on the board where these 3 traces are close together. It's a proper mind bender (well my simple mind anyway)

zhulien

if you have no luck getting a 6128 main board, i might be able to dig one up - but i am in Australia - so you might have cheaper options - you can pay for actual postage only if you really need it.

Bryce

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 16:12, 19 November 21
Or send me the board.

Bryce.

Herr Doktor Bryce!

I may well take you up on that. Just for my own satisfaction to find the bloody problem LOL.

Thanks muchly

Craig

CraigsBar

Quote from: zhulien on 13:35, 19 November 21
if you have no luck getting a 6128 main board, i might be able to dig one up - but i am in Australia - so you might have cheaper options - you can pay for actual postage only if you really need it.

That would be amazing. Any idea on what postage to Ireland would be... I'd guess more than the costs I spent on posting a free No Exit cart for GX4000 testing the other way a couple of weeks ago!

Craig