News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New CPC664 membranes available!

Started by Spirantho, 11:36, 07 December 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirantho

Today I tried the new RWAP Keyboard Membrane for the CPC664....

Success!

The membrane fitted perfectly, and looks just like the original (but probably will last a lot longer!)

Well worth £25 of anybody's money!
Buy yours now at
*BRAND NEW* Amstrad CPC664 Keyboard Membranes

Ian Gledhill
Mutant Caterpillar Games Ltd Retro Store for repairs and sales of 8-bit and 16-bit retro systems and software

RWAP

Excellent news - but I can see a problem...

It causes a syntax error !!  :laugh:

Bryce

Quote from: RWAP on 11:49, 07 December 12
Excellent news - but I can see a problem...

It causes a syntax error !!  :laugh:

Yes, but it adds a beautiful white glow around the screen, so that makes up for the syntax error.

Bryce.

TotO

"For just 25£" ... We know all that it's not cheap, but no choice today to get a 664 alive as short printing series have a cost. Thank you for doing that!

But the "JUST" is realy too much on the sentence.  ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Spirantho

@Bryce
Oi, stop taking the mickey, it was a quick photo to prove it's real. :)

@toto
£25 is actually very reasonable. Remember how rare the 664 is, so £25 for a specially made membrane? Not bad at all. And I'm not the bloke who's selling them. :)
So I stand by my "Just" and raise it with a "very reasonable" :P
Ian Gledhill
Mutant Caterpillar Games Ltd Retro Store for repairs and sales of 8-bit and 16-bit retro systems and software

Bryce

I even held back and didn't use my "Oh look, Halo for the CPC!" joke! :D

I think 25quid is quite reasonable too by the way.

Bryce.

Spirantho

Quote from: Bryce on 14:46, 07 December 12
I even held back and didn't use my "Oh look, Halo for the CPC!" joke! :D

Save that one for another day, I'm sure the time will come. :) It's because my TV is between me and the window where the sun (allegedly) is, so most of my photos look like a Gift from the Gods. :)
Ian Gledhill

TotO

Quote from: Spirantho on 14:22, 07 December 12£25 is actually very reasonable. Remember how rare the 664 is, so £25 for a specially made membrane? Not bad at all. And I'm not the bloke who's selling them. :)
Sure, for a *** RARE *** computer, it's cheap...
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

steve

If it will fit the 464 also, this should be stated, more sales, higher production quatities, lower cost for the second batch.

Spirantho

664 only I'm afraid. Otherwise we'd all be using 464 membranes to repair our 664s and we wouldn't need a new production run! :)
Ian Gledhill

RWAP

I already started another thread asking if 464 membranes were needed...

There is of course 464 and 464+ - are they different?

Last time I asked tradeinpost.com had some 464 membranes

Spirantho

I don't think you need to worry about 464+/6128+ membranes (they're the same). I've not seen a faulty one and they're pretty rare machines, so I suspect demand would be rather low.
My own 6128+ did have a faulty keyboard, it's true - but the fault was with the motherboard socket, not the membrane itself. Luckily, the later cost-reduced CPC464 uses the same socket... :)
Ian Gledhill

Gryzor

Damn, I did have a 664 with broken membrane, wonder if I still got it...

RWAP

Could someone update the page on the Wiki about keyboard membranes (as I still cannot register) - the wiki page says that they are not available.  :D

Gryzor

Quote from: RWAPCould someone update the page on the Wiki about keyboard membranes (as I still cannot register) - the wiki page says that they are not available. 
Hey, why can't you register? What error do you encounter?

RWAP

I have just tried to register again and get the same error (I think).

I have posted details in teh Wiki Maintenance thread - Wiki down for maintenance

DrLivingstone

Ya me ha llegado mi pedido.Funcionan perfectamente.Fascinante!!!!       

Gryzor

Quote from: DrLivingstone
Ya me ha llegado mi pedido.Funcionan perfectamente.Fascinante!!!!       
Say what?

Spirantho

I think it translates to:

'Cor blimey guv'nor!  Would you Adam 'n' Eve it, but it only works perfect, like. Sorted, innit!
Ian Gledhill

Gryzor

That's not the Welsh I remember from my Caerdydd days...

Spirantho

Ian Gledhill

beaker

Quote from: Spirantho on 16:49, 09 January 13
I think it translates to:

'Cor blimey guv'nor!  Would you Adam 'n' Eve it, but it only works perfect, like. Sorted, innit!

And all for a pony hey? He's a diamond geezer!

RWAP

Gawd - if anyone else sends me a pony, I'll have to extend my stables!  :P

00WReX

Looks like the first batch of 22 have been sold.
So about 5~6 weeks to sell them all, was there any thought of another batch ?

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki