News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New Monitor at CPC, can it work?

Started by TFM, 20:39, 16 September 14

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

According to the specs: http://www.meenamedical.com/uploads/Manuals/SurgicalCaultry/Sony_pvm20m2mdu.pdf yes, it would probably give a very nice picture on a CPC.

Bryce.

gerald

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

A place I used to work at had a couple of those attached to the CCTV system.. And yes the picture is excellent. One quite christmas we hooked a Dreamcast up to the spare one for some serious 'On Duty' ready to rumble sessions.

Craig

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

Quote from: gerald on 21:41, 16 September 14
Nice monitor, but 30kg  :o

It is made to be used in medical environments and "stackable", so it's probably made mainly out of metal, has a solid frame and 5 layers of shielding in it :)

Bryce.

Kris

Quote from: Bryce on 08:47, 17 September 14
It is made to be used in medical environments and "stackable", so it's probably made mainly out of metal, has a solid frame and 5 layers of shielding in it :)

Bryce.

I confirm: all this kind of monitors are produced using complete, strong and heavy eletromagnetic protection to avoid interefences with other equipments.

archcosmo

hey TFM

you'll also need to get a BNC-SCART breakout cable, something like what's sold by the Retro Gaming Cables website, in order to connect your CPC RGB SCART cable:
New after market third party converter adapter cable for Sony PVM Monitor

I've got the smaller PVM-14L2 monitor, and it works great with the RGB SCART cables from my various game consoles  ;D

TFM

Ok, thanks! .... But I don't have to use BNC, do I? Can I use the RGB of the monitor? That was my plan.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

archcosmo

OK, but if you don't use the BNC input plugs, then how will you send the RGB signals from the CPC to the PVM monitor?  :-\

Have a second look at the photos in the Ebay auction page of the back of the monitor - there's only panel mount BNC plugs for input & output of RGB/Component, SYNC signals, panel mount S-Video sockets for input and output and Audio cinch sockets. The monitor also has an input select button (or via the On Screen Menu) to toggle between RGB and Component signal depending on the video source..  8)

You'll need at a minimum a DIN plug to connect to the back of the CPC that's wired to a corresponding single BNC Socket (R,G,B, Sync, GND) - not sure about you, but I don't have a BNC style cable crimping tool, so I couldn't make my own adapter cable easily without spending about the same amount of money as the cost of that BNC-SCART socket cable I linked to earlier  ;)

Of course, you'll still need a CPC RGB SCART cable (DIY or bought from a shop) to attach to the BNC-SCART socket adapter cable:
AMSTRAD CPC ON A TV (RGB SCART)

hope this helps!

Quote from: TFM on 18:47, 18 September 14
Ok, thanks! .... But I don't have to use BNC, do I? Can I use the RGB of the monitor? That was my plan.

TFM

Thanks a lot! I guess I got it now.   :)   :)   :) 
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Wow that's nice... probably worth the price it went for!