News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New OLD 6128 Arrived

Started by dcdrac, 17:46, 04 April 13

Previous topic - Next topic

dcdrac

And it worked straight off bought a lump to my throat

Bryce

They always do :)

Bryce.

dcdrac

Going to replace my now defunct 464 too.
Got a BBC B coming too, I do not think I will bother getting another Spectrum never thought much of them.

Bryce

Despite the beatings that the Spectrum tends to get on a CPC forum, that suffered the dreaded "Speccy Ports" for many years, they are actually a pretty cool machine, that managed a lot with very little. I'm proud of my Speccy machines, without them Alan may never have been motivated enough to create the CPC.

Bryce.

dcdrac

That is a fair comment but I preferred my CPCs, Beeb and C64...

Bryce

I'm proud of my Acorns, Beebs, Commodores, Ataris, MSXs and Amigas too :)

Bryce.

dcdrac

Friend of mine at work had an Enterprise fully working he gave away last year, saw one for sale for £499 on Ebay today

Bryce

On offer for 499, but I doubt anyone would buy it for that. They definitely don't go for that price.

Bryce.

Gryzor

No, €300 probably.

I'm proud of my NC200 :)

MacDeath

(oops sorry, I double posted because of a wrong manipulation)

MacDeath

Speccies are great machine provided you don't need extra display (more than 256x192) or extra colours without clashes.
But with a text interface, colourclashes are not a problem.

I mean, the serial port (MIDI ? RS232?) is nice, and you have more CPU and more RAM because hraphics don't take that much, and the AY is faster than CPC's one.
Good machine for AY music.

Enterprise128 is a fine machine as well, can get Speccy and CPC prots so easily. Not bad for a large colourfull arcade style Joystick board.

dcdrac

The first three computers I had were Commodore PET, Apple 2 and a ZX80, then a ZX81 Spectrum and a BBC B, Macintosh got the C64 and the CPC464 at the same time and for some bizarre reason developed a real affection for the CPCs I was going to get a 664 but they stopped making them and got a 6128 instead.

Gryzor

"bizarre reason"? It being the best damn machine around in 1984 isn't bizarre :D