News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New order : several clone-retro-cpc hardware

Started by talrek, 07:32, 02 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Which new clone would you want to see produced (MX4 format)

Hexam (Ace Software)
0 (0%)
PDS (Programmers Development System)
4 (30.8%)
Synthetizor of voice
3 (23.1%)
Mirage Imager
0 (0%)
Your idea
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

talrek

several people asked me for several kind of hardware i already made :
- USB mouse adapter (Bryce's one)
- MF2 clone v1.1 (a 128k Eprom to hold normal and plus rom version and a switch on the interface to select which one you want to use)
- Hack-It Board
I will make these card for the end of summer, it is a little production (5-10 pieces of each)
But my goal to resurrect old hardware to a MX4 format is not over  :laugh:  I got a lot of work to do. so what will be the next ?
Here is a proposal, just pick the next or if you have another idea, please submit it.
Cards will be realized at the end of summer in september.  :)

mr_lou

TotO's MultiPlay board could be added to the list soon, hopefully.  :)

Singaja

A slightly bigger Toto's X-Mass would be great. Like 256 / 512 mb

TCMSLP

I know I keep suggesting the same thing but ... a CPC RS232 interface compatible with the original Amstrad/Pace units. MX4 format would be useful but not essential :D

steve

Quote from: talrek on 07:32, 02 July 15
But my goal to resurrect old hardware to a MX4 format is not over  :laugh:  I got a lot of work to do. so what will be the next ?

An MX20 motherboard :laugh:

steve

Quote from: Singaja on 10:03, 02 July 15
A slightly bigger Toto's X-Mass would be great. Like 256 / 512 mb

You can now get a 4 megabyte single chip static ram.

steve

Quote from: TCMSLP on 10:25, 02 July 15
I know I keep suggesting the same thing but ... a CPC RS232 interface compatible with the original Amstrad/Pace units. MX4 format would be useful but not essential :D

There was a construction article in one of the lesser known magazines, I do not remember the name, but it would not fit on an mx4 size board.

talrek

Welli think Toto knows what he wants to do.
I was just talking about my next retro-assembling project ;-)
I'm not going to make Toto's stuff  :laugh: :laugh:

If you want me do make Yarek expansion, all right but i need the schematics, i'm not an ingeneer, just a builder.

TFM

Ok, Brainstorming mode on...

- 4 MB RAM expansion
- Dobbertin HD20 hard disc
- HD180 expansion card (ok, I dunno who has it, forget it)
- Vortex F1-D floppy controller
- Hegotron Grafpad II (but with better I/O, easy!)

Well, I don't have access to hardware in person, sorry.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Singaja

TFM

Quote from: Singaja on 20:52, 07 July 15
Is Yarek not making those anymore?

Some say no, I'm not in contact since a while. But somebody imho SHOULD make them.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dirtybb

... or if you have another idea, please submit it.

Hummm, a MIDI IN/OUT board would be amazing.

CraigsBar

USB mass storage perhaps, allowing thumbdrives and USB CD writers?
Then we would have hot swap mass storage. ;)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Joseman

Quote from: dirtybb on 11:22, 11 July 15

Hummm, a MIDI IN/OUT board would be amazing.

This and this (MT-32 module):

Mortal Kombat II with Roland MT-32 - YouTube

Will be amazing!!! (listen to monkey island 2 intro with mt-32 too)

And I don't remember if i said this: we need a LAN card desesperately!!!! (ask @Prodatron ;) )

TFM

Quote from: Joseman on 13:18, 11 July 15
And I don't remember if i said this: we need a LAN card desesperately!!!!

We got one since 10 years or so. it's called the CPC-Booster+ and it provides an RS485 port, which allows to connect a group of CPCs in a local area network. I worked with that a decade ago. So the hardware is there. Just use it.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

fgbrain

hm...

I always wanted a Music Machine or an Amdrum !!!

perhaps with enhanced audio capabilities  :P

a proper sound card is always nice...

_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

Joseman

Quote from: fgbrain on 11:08, 12 July 15
a proper sound card is always nice...

@Piotr wanted to do a FM sound card and was criticized

Sometimes i don't understand the CPC scene...

i would LOVE to have a FM sound card on the cpc... is sooooo retro  :laugh:

TotO

It is not because some (geek) peoples think that is cool to put a SID, Paula, FM, VDP, 68000, ... On the CPC, that was good ideas. If you are interrested by other hardwares, better to take fun on MSX, C64, Amiga instead of thinking about changing our computer identity.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Poliander

Quote from: Joseman on 12:58, 12 July 15
i would LOVE to have a FM sound card on the cpc... is sooooo retro  :laugh:

Same here. But this is exactly the kind of new hardware which might get not much software support in the future. IMHO this really should be taken into consideration when new hardware is planned. I think there is still a lot of interest in hardware which is actually useful without much software written for it, e.g. networking, a mouse interface and so on. After seeing SymbOS in action, I could even imagine a graphic card for the CPC, but I guess this won't happen.
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

Poliander

Quote from: TotO on 13:27, 12 July 15
...instead of thinking about changing our computer identity.

There was always a thin line between upgrading/tuning and preservation. I guess this is comparable to the automobile oldtimer scene. I really would love to drive a 60s car, but with a modern engine, chassis and brakes. Is it still a 60s car? However, putting a SID into a CPC really doesn't seem right. Like trying to speed up a horse using sails.
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Quote from: Poliander on 13:34, 12 July 15
... I think there is still a lot of interest in hardware which is actually useful without much software written for it, e.g. networking...

There _ARE_ two networking solutions for the CPC (Booster & VN96). The problem _IS_ the lack of software support. And please first for the native OS and not some modern fancy extravaganza.  ;) :)

In addition there _IS_ CPCIP, which runs nice and people tend to ignore it. Why?

TFM of FutureSoft

CPC_Fan

several people asked me for several kind of hardware i already made :
- USB mouse adapter (Bryce's one)
- MF2 clone v1.1 (a 128k Eprom to hold normal and plus rom version and a switch on the interface to select which one you want to use)
- Hack-It Board
I will make these card for the end of summer, it is a little production (5-10 pieces of each)
Here is a proposal, just pick the next or if you have another idea, please submit it.
Cards will be realized at the end of summer in september.  :)

I would definitely be interested in a USB/PS2 mouse adapter and a MF2 clone v1.1 talrek. The only reason that I haven't ordered them before is that I simply did not have the money spare at the time. However, if you are going to make some more of them, then I will endeavour to save up for them. Can you remind me again of the price in GBP for each of them please?

talrek

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 18:31, 13 July 15
I would definitely be interested in a USB/PS2 mouse adapter and a MF2 clone v1.1 talrek. The only reason that I haven't ordered them before is that I simply did not have the money spare at the time. However, if you are going to make some more of them, then I will endeavour to save up for them. Can you remind me again of the price in GBP for each of them please?
No problem, i ordered the parts.
i'll let you know when it is available ;-)

CPC_Fan

Thanks talrek. I can't afford to pay for them until I get paid at the end of the month though. Sorry. I don't mind waiting a bit longer though, as it will give me more time to save up  :)

Can you remind me again of the price of them in GBP please?