News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New use for a cartridge with a GX 4000

Started by dcdrac, 14:50, 02 October 13

Previous topic - Next topic

dcdrac

when the cart is plugged in you can use it to sop the game controller falling off and on to the floor when you are not using it...........

Bryce

Sounds complicated, can upload some plans / diagrams of the "mod" so that we can fully understand it? :D

Bryce.

dcdrac

Ask and you shall receive  ;D

Bryce

Excellent! Does this work with all cartridges or only with dodgy looking versions of Navy Seals? Have you tested this with an original Pang Cartridge?

Bryce.

mr_lou

Sounds a little too good to be true to me.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dcdrac

any cartridge will do but a bit iffy with burning rubber

Gryzor

No thanks. I don't want to mod my trusty GX.

Bryce

I've recently done some more investigations into this mod and you'll never believe what I discovered!! This mod works on the Atari 800XL too! Although it uses a completely different processor and even the games were different. I've tested it on Defender and Ms Pacman and both worked fine. When I have time I'll do some trials with Galaxian and Missile Command.

Bryce.

Edit: Now I'm completely confused. The mod fails to work on the Atari 65XE although it's 100% 800XL compatible??

mr_lou

A week ago I gave the link to this thread to a seller of a Texas Instruments TI-99/4A, and asked if the mod would work on a TI-99/4A.
He never replied.

I think it's because it doesn't work on the TI-99/4A.

Doesn't anyone know?

MacDeath

Wow, those GX4000 and 464PLUS are having a sexual intercourse...

I hope their breed will have 128K instead...

Bryce

What do you expect. She's going around with her tape lid off! She was bringing it on :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

I don't get it - it totally works on the XE, just on a different plane. Am I missing something?

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:43, 28 October 13
I don't get it - it totally works on the XE, just on a different plane. Am I missing something?

The standardised test was to balance the controller ON TOP of the computer... The Cartridge mod failed to keep it there on the XE. I'm checking the CPU version numbers and RAM manufacturers to work out why it failed. I t may even be a timing issue... I'll get back to you.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Yeah, that's why if it was up to you engineers no products would be launched, ever. Whereas we, in Marketing, take this example, widen the scope and create a USP out of it.

Success!