News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New yerar, new CPC board

Started by Piotr, 13:29, 07 January 15

Previous topic - Next topic

skywalky

Quote from: Piotr on 17:42, 10 March 15
I prepare part list for tommorow,also i do more photos of my assembled PCB.
Ok, thank you.

Munchausen

Oh man, they disappeared FAST!

@Piotr I would like 3 bare boards please!

Cpcmaniaco

I think that I tell you before.

I want I mounted of this and one of the other PCB (the first 464 prototype), thanks.

The Last Bandit

Its just 1 bare pcb I'm looking for.

dxs

Hi Piotr,
I'll gladly buy one bare PCB from you! Thank you!

TFM

Does FutureOS run with it?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Apollo

Hi, I would like one fully assembled board for 130 EUR please  ;D
CPC - My beloved first computer!

trabitboy

Hello,

I commit to buy a fully assembled,
but I would need a confimation that it is fully functional without any additional chips.
( I know you must be dead busy but please confirm by a simple "yes" or "no" )

I really look forward to making an aluminium enclosure, just like you showed in one of your test videos ;)

Prodatron

Wow, that looks really good! I am impressed! Beside all the original functionality I like the direct support of MotherX4-based hardware! Thank you for this nice video! (and somehow it seems, that a mouse is missing :) )

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Piotr

Amstrad like amstrad, system is impressive. When port for ZX Spectrum with Profi?

Mouse is  not missing is in PCB factory ;) Externial.

On final board  is integrated on board.

Joseman

Why not replicate the ps/2 mouse protocol that is on the Symbiface 2?

AMX mouse support enabled if i understood correctly will cause problems with port joysticks. maybe a jumper to disable it?

But even so, i think that nowadays is meaningless search for AMX mouses when there is millions of optical ps/2 mouses (and wireless!!)

I think on the PS/2 mouse because feels "incredible" that you're using an optical mouse on CPC. Symbos works fantastic with this mouse.

But is only my opinion!, what you want to do @Piotr is always ok ;)

TFM

Quote from: Joseman on 10:47, 17 March 15
I think on the PS/2 mouse because feels "incredible" that you're using an optical mouse on CPC. Symbos works fantastic with this mouse.

Oh yes, and FutureOS too. But the point is: The firmware doesn't! [nb]It would require a serious patch.[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Joseman

Yes, i know that the firmware doesn't support any other than AMX, but i think that this "support" is because it goes through the joystick port  :laugh:

Anyway how many applications or games uses the AMX protocol? and in all of them, how many are used nowadays?

I never have an AMX mouse, one question: in games that uses de joystick to control a pointer (Gunship), an AMX mouse can use this pointer or this games need a patch for use the amx mouse anyway?

maybe the solution is a ps/2 to AMX converter... something like the ps/2 keyboard to AMS keyboard.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Joseman on 11:22, 18 March 15
Yes, i know that the firmware doesn't support any other than AMX, but i think that this "support" is because it goes through the joystick port  :laugh:

Anyway how many applications or games uses the AMX protocol? and in all of them, how many are used nowadays?

I never have an AMX mouse, one question: in games that uses de joystick to control a pointer (Gunship), an AMX mouse can use this pointer or this games need a patch for use the amx mouse anyway?

maybe the solution is a ps/2 to AMX converter... something like the ps/2 keyboard to AMS keyboard.
you mean like the @bryce mouse adaptor? Some were made last year, if you are *very* lucky there might still be one or two available.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Prodatron

The Bryce adapter is PS/2 -> Joystick, which doesn't work very good compared to a real proportional mouse. But AFAIK the AMX mouse has a proportional mode, too, which is not just sending joystick compatible signals, so I guess Joseman is speaking about this.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Prodatron on 12:13, 18 March 15
The Bryce adapter is PS/2 -> Joystick, which doesn't work very good compared to a real proportional mouse. But AFAIK the AMX mouse has a proportional mode, too, which is not just sending joystick compatible signals, so I guess Joseman is speaking about this.
really? I see no difference between the Bryce adaptor and an AMX one in terms of functionality or accuracy. No offence here but..... Both are crap compared to the symbiface solution.

Such a shame that no one seems interested in making the symbiface mouse a new standard. With all these new hardware cards etc, a new mouse card that is mother4x and symbiface compatible would be brilliant. Finally we would have a full replacement for what remains the greatest CPC expansion to date.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

fatbob

I would like 1 bare PCB please.

Prodatron

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:39, 18 March 15
really? I see no difference between the Bryce adaptor and an AMX one in terms of functionality or accuracy. No offence here but..... Both are crap compared to the symbiface solution.
Oh, TBH, I never saw the AMX mouse live in action. I thought it would behave like an MSX mouse (which comes very close to the SYMBiFACE II mouse) or at least better than only a "joystick-compatible" mouse, which is - yes - very crippled...

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:39, 18 March 15
Such a shame that no one seems interested in making the symbiface mouse a new standard. With all these new hardware cards etc, a new mouse card that is mother4x and symbiface compatible would be brilliant. Finally we would have a full replacement for what remains the greatest CPC expansion to date.
Totally agree...

TFM

Time to stop the proliferation of urban legends here...

1. The AMX mouse: It is Joystick compatible and with AMX Stop Press you see a great and smooth mouse pointer. If you only use the interrupts then you only get 300 Mickeys of course.

2. Again: AMX mouse is ONLY joystick compatible.[nb]I got one. So I could analyze.[/nb]

3. Well, somehow it's boring if I can only talk about my own productions and people get pissed off about that. But as a matter of fact there is not much out there using mouses at all. So what do we have [nb]ignoring what I made[/nb]. We got some software (Stop Press, OCP) using mice with joystick compatibility, and we got some software using proportional mouses (G-Paint, Arkanoid patched by Nilquader). [nb]Of course there is a bit more, I just don't remember now.[/nb]

Eventually taken all together: Few software is using mice at all. So why bother that much about it? And - yes - let's at least do one thing. Let't stick with some mouse protocol already existing. [nb]I know seven of them![/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft

Piotr

You fight.I finish housing cover for Just CPC.

TFM

No fight here. Only general discussions.  :)

Case looks nice, but a lot of space needs to get filled up.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

Piotr

Well, maybe i add Amiga board inside  :o I fit power supply,and any drive and space go on. Also only on photo this case looks long it is 30 cm dimension.

TFM

Why not having more computers in one box, they can share PSU, drives or HxC or so.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Piotr

I have, all shared one motherboard, one power supply, one monitor ;) Top secret codename "emulators " ;) Heheheh