News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New yerar, new CPC board

Started by Piotr, 13:29, 07 January 15

Previous topic - Next topic

the KING

Just came back from years away from here, and this is what I find! Amazing!

I'll definitely have one of these.

Tom

Piotr

Second board ordered  8)

64 kb
ps2 keyboard
DDI-1 floppy drive, holes on board allow fit HXC floppy emulator slim
40010 controller
"Tape in" socket
reset button
3  MX4 compatibile slots on board.
Dimensions 24x15 cm

CraigsBar

This just gets better.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Piotr

With delivery courier  ;D

radu14m

looking good :)

do you start to assembly them now ?  ;)

Piotr

Boards is on the way, somewhere in DHL storage or in transit  ;) Alone.... with strangers...

Factory send me photos as proof .  I expect it in wenesday, first what i do , sit and assembly  ;D   Other good news, i just buy 20 pieces 40010 really,really  cheap so one problem is solved.

Munchausen

So are you assembling 20 then?! Could you share where you buy cheap 40010s, as many people are going to want to buy them when you finish this board!

Looking forward to seeing how this revision goes! Will you do a 3rd revision with, e.g. different RAM, PS/2 mouse?

Piotr

I buy last 20 ones. Today i order CRTC-1 and rest of chips for 20 boards . Estimate cost assembled board will be approx 120-130 euro. I know is not cheap and i don't expect miracles ;)

Joseman

@Piotr This last version is 64kb? any problem with the 64 ram expansion that already you have routed?

will be another revision with the 64k expansion? or this is the last one!

Piotr

Hmm, extra 64 ram or slots for mx board, not both. From  my point of view is better fit X-mem card a, in one shoot we have 576 ram and usefull rombox. Maybe i'm wrong?

TotO

Is peoples asking you the PCB alone are okay to pay it 130€?
Because, you asked to nobody boefore buying your parts... How they does???  ???
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Piotr

People ask me about price for fully assembled board, so i give price. Each board is all day work so price is as is. Not forcing anyone to buy. I order lot's of components, i pay for it from my own pocket so to be honest, my money and my problem. And it's not big deal for me,  so why is for you? Strange.....I really don't need your permission  :D

I do also only PCB, for self component collect , do you have any problem with it too?

Hmm i'm confused.

pelrun

Don't worry - TotO doesn't understand such concepts as getting compensated for one's time and effort :) I don't know how he affords food.

TFM

Maybe he understands way more than others ever will.  :)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

radu14m

[quote author=TFM link=topic=10108.msg94905#msg94905 date=1425750373]
Maybe he understands way more than others ever will.  :)
[/quote]

Well spoken!!

TotO

Quote from: Piotr on 17:16, 07 March 15it's not big deal for me,  so why is for you? Strange.....
I do also only PCB, for self component collect , do you have any problem with it too?
Don't be confused, I just found strange that you order parts before asking if peoples are OK. But sure, you do as you want ; It is your business.....
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

130... I'm definitely having one :]
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Trebmint

IMHO Its a good thing that people actually charge real prices. If you spend a day putting a board together I'd expect to have to pay for it, we're not 10 year olds trying to buy things with pocket money anymore, we're 30's, 40's or even 50's with a bit of disposable income to spend on our CPC hobby. We should reward somebody for the experience and time they spend. ToTo you undersell you products selling them at near cost, and you deserve a lot more reward for the hardware you produce even if you don't actually need it financially.

If somebody spends hundreds of hours designing,making or coding and the results are great we should all pay if we want it. My one bugbear about retro computing is that software is expected to be free. If people received even a small amount of reward it would push them to make more, and we'd have a bigger and more vibrant scene with more software and hardware.

Joseman

Totally agree with Trebmint

I even suggested sometimes to crowfunding some projects like games or anything for our beloved CPC

Trebmint

Quote from: Joseman on 10:54, 08 March 15
Totally agree with Trebmint

I even suggested sometimes to crowfunding some projects like games or anything for our beloved CPC
Thanks, but obviously I don't want to take this thread away from Piotrs cool hardware. We probably need a separate thread for it. And of course hardware & software are different as nobody expects hardware for free, just at cost price :)
Personally I'd like to see the Wiki have a monthly download subscription where a paid % of a subscribers fee was given to the author.

TotO

Quote from: Trebmint on 10:28, 08 March 15If somebody spends hundreds of hours designing,making or coding and the results are great we should all pay if we want it. My one bugbear about retro computing is that software is expected to be free. If people received even a small amount of reward it would push them to make more, and we'd have a bigger and more vibrant scene with more software and hardware.
All those things are only possible because they are hobby works and peoples don't ask for the time spent, as it is a pleasure to do that.
If you really want to pay the good price, you will probably have to give around 200€ for a Batman Forever demo and 1000€ for a Orion Prime copy.

Don't open the Pandora's box, because you will not create a vibrant scene with more software of hardware, but only peoples coming on CPC to make money.
The best is to create yourself things in return. :)

Trebmint

Quote from: TotO on 14:21, 08 March 15
All those things are only possible because they are hobby works and peoples don't ask for the time spent, as it is a pleasure to do that.
If you really want to pay the good price, you will probably have to give around 200€ for a Batman Forever demo and 1000€ for a Orion Prime copy.

Don't open the Pandora's box, because you will not create a vibrant scene with more software of hardware, but only peoples coming on CPC to make money.
The best is to create yourself things in return. :)
Haha I'm not suggesting we return to a commercial business model, and anyone who tried to make a living from the CPC would be homeless pretty quick. Im just saying its respectful to give the developers of hardware and software encouragement and support them a bit, even it that means they get a free beer for their efforts. And I'm also not so idealistic to think there will ever be a vibrant scene on the CPC again, we're just too few now

TFM

Quote from: Trebmint on 10:28, 08 March 15
ToTo you undersell you products selling them at near cost, and you deserve a lot more reward for the hardware you produce even if you don't actually need it financially.

You can donate very easy:  ;)
Thank you! - Cent Pour Cent

Quote from: TotO on 14:21, 08 March 15Don't open the Pandora's box, because you will not create a vibrant scene with more software of hardware, but only peoples coming on CPC to make money. The best is to create yourself things in return. :)

1.000.000 Like for that!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Piotr

Hmm, let me explain something. If I wanted to make money I would take overtime in my company. Much simpler for me, really  ;D

Anyway, board:

Short video,

Just CPC, my clone of Amstrad CPC computer.Final version. - YouTube

I have. Silly I thought that maybe someone else would want. But I will not impose.

Joseman

@Piotr The RGB signal is soldered and taken directly on the board without connector?