News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

No HxC Rev C available?

Started by Neil79, 13:22, 27 June 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil79

lotharek1977 on eBay

I was looking to buy a SD C - HXC Floppy Emulator REV C next week, but I don't see any left on Ebay, have they all sold out?
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

pelrun

The listings expired only a day or two ago - maybe lotharek didn't notice?

Bryce

Neil79

Grand, will sort it out next week :)
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Neil79

Think I'll order the SD S Floppy Emulator SLIM - 34 pin connector as I like the price and I'll make my own case  :o 

Baptiste

I received mine tomorrow.

Envoyé de mon GT-N7000 en utilisant Tapatalk

steve

Can I borrow your time machine?

Neil79

Gryzor

The Slim is so much more advanced, it would seem! :D

Neil79

Look what I just purchased for the Amstrad CPC 6128

£70 all in :)

Gryzor

Yay :) Have fun with it!!

Neil79

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:17, 01 July 14
Yay :) Have fun with it!!

Any idea of the delivery time for one of these?

Gryzor

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:48, 01 July 14
What's the seller??

Probably a person.

Who is the seller might be better information to estimate delivery time?

Bryce.

Neil79

Bryce

He uses standard postage. I think the last one he sent me took about 6 days to get to Germany.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Let me turn the "Pedantic" mode to off in the forum's settings...

Ok, back. Lotharek. Takes about a week to arrive (Greece), but he doesn't send them out every day, so you'll have to add a couple of days to that.

Neil79

LOTHAREK added delivery information.
Delivery status
Sent

:o

Neil79

So what's the best way to play Amstrad games from this thing? ( I have an SD card already )

Is every game available to play through the HxC?

beaker

Unfortunately the only games compatible with it are Dizzy games ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: beaker on 01:21, 05 July 14

LOL!!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Neil79

Quote from: beaker on 01:21, 05 July 14

Awesome  :laugh: :laugh:

Gryzor

Quote from: Neil79 on 01:02, 05 July 14
Is every game available to play through the HxC?

Of course. You just convert all the dsk file syou have into the HFE format with the software provided (supports muss conversion) and it will read them all.

Word of caution: better put your HFE files into subdirectories - having hundreds of files to wade through becomes cumbersome. So use subdirs like 0-9,A,B and so on.
Word of caution (bis): HFE files as shown in the HxC manager on your CPC are NOT sorted alphabetically, but rather by date - files added last will be shown first. That's how files are organised on SD cards from what I understand, so unless you want to end up with everything mixed up, first finalise the file organisation on your PC and THEN copy them over to the SD. Alternatively, there are programs that can touch the files' dates on an SD card in alphabetical order so that you see them in, erm, alphabetical order. Do a search here on the forum, it's been discussed before...

Neil79

^ Great cheers!

Anyhoo my HxC device arrived, but guess what still waiting on the bloody cables! This is why I really feel the creator should sell packages  :(

marioweezer

I agree with you Neil79 - it's a great device but it would be nice if it came with the ribbon cable, power cable, etc. I'm fairly new to the CPC scene so it's been a real learning curve trying to figure out where to buy all the extras from!