News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Parados & 64K RAM pack

Started by Dizrythmia, 05:18, 11 March 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizrythmia

Yesterday I received a DDI3 for my 464 from Piotr & it's an amazing piece of equipment! I stayed up far later than my fiancée would have liked, playing old Amstrad games, it was amazing! South Australia has a public holiday this weekend, so I'll be taking advantage of the long weekend to play some more CPC classics :)

I was playing around with it & decided to try plugging in my dk'Tronics 64k RAM pack. I plugged the DDI3 into the back of it & all was well. I switched it to Parados just to have a play with that & the screen went black & nothing happened. I was a bit concerned, but when I switched it back to AmsDOS it was fine.

Is there a known conflict with Parados & dk'Tronics 64k RAM expansion or it just something to do with the DDI3? I'm not too concerned about it, but I am curious.

Executioner

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 05:18, 11 March 16
Is there a known conflict with Parados & dk'Tronics 64k RAM expansion or it just something to do with the DDI3? I'm not too concerned about it, but I am curious.

Not that I'm aware of. ParaDOS will check the RAM, but only when the application (|DRIVE) is booted.

Dizrythmia

It's gotten weirder. At home I had to use the DDI3 with Amsdos with the 64k expansion, but when I was at a computer fair last week the DDI3 & RAM expansion refused to work AT ALL together. They worked fine on their own.

Then, I get it home, try it out & now the 64k expansion works WITH Parados...

Piotr said it was possibly a power supply issue. He suggested a 4amp PSU instead of using the power from the monitor. I might give that a go if I have any more problems.