News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

PlayCity aka CTC-AY (MX4) for August !!!

Started by TotO, 13:29, 07 July 14

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Dear CPC friends,

With the great success of the MotherX4 and X-MEM, I'm proud to announce you that the prototype board known as CTC-AY and shown at the previous ReSeT party will come true in MX4 format next month! :)

It's new name: PlayCity (plAY-CT)
The work on the auto-boot part of the X-MEM and his RAM support for all CPC allow the new CTC-AY to work together with it!

Here the main features of this board:
- 6 audio channels sound with programmable frequency. (stereo line out and speaker mono mix in)
- 4 counter/timer channels for programmable interrupt. (including NMI)
- IM2 vectorized interrupt support
- Raster lines interrupt support
- CRTC hardware CURSOR

Here the, confidential, well know developers board for illustration:

[attachimg=1]

Here the link to pre-order the final board:
PlayCity MX4 Board - Cent Pour Cent
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

SyX

Ilarie, ilarie, ooooh oooh ooooh  ;D ;D ;D

Bryce

That's a pretty tight layout, maybe we should start a competition for who can cram the most hardware onto a standard X4 sized PCB? How about the PlayCity + X-Mem on one board using a bigger CPLD and all SMD parts?

Bryce.

TotO

Haha!

The X-MEM already merge the ROM board and the RAM board from the same size. :D
I have definitively tried to fit the CTC-AY too... It's not possible with classic parts.
But, yes, it should be possible with SMD and merging (the splited) CPLD schematic.
For information, the final board layout is more "spacious" than the developer one.

You should try to build an FDC board in MX4 format for 464 users too... ;)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

steve

You are wasting a lot of the boards potential by only putting components on one side of the board.  ;D

Bryce

Quote from: TotO on 13:54, 07 July 14
You should try to build an FDC board in MX4 format for 464 users too... ;)

My (still not built) FDC board is MX4 format :) My MegaFlash was too, I even have a MegaFlash with 90° header which is installed on my MX4.

Bryce.

TotO

@steve : Sorry, they are not 4 layers rooted for allowing that.  ;D
(and I don't speak about the final price...)

TotO

Quote from: Bryce on 14:01, 07 July 14
My (still not built) FDC board is MX4 format :)
Great!!!
I got a tips for you so! :)

Kris

Great news and very good job as we used to see now !!
Hope that the board will come with a "demonstration" on the disc , as shown at the ReSeT ;)

Joseman

count me in for one unit!!

I've been waiting news about this for months!

I want to see the demostration shown on the ReSeT party, is there any footage of this?

TotO

Gryzor

Aw, come on man!!! We don't have time to buy them all at this rate!!!

TotO

Quote from: Joseman on 16:08, 07 July 14I want to see the demostration shown on the ReSeT party, is there any footage of this?
No, but I should record a video and add it on Youtube.

Here some raster of N lines done by simply programming the CTC... No CPU time wasted.

[attach=2] [attach=3] [attach=4] [attach=5] [attach=6] [attach=7]

TotO

Munchausen

Been waiting so long for this!

Now I just need to find some spare cash...

TotO

Please, push the volume because recording with an iPhone is a shit !  ;D 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=64uUrU33vXw

SyX

TotO

Madone! Nerd programmer never expect that.  :-\

remax

Quote from: SyX on 16:51, 08 July 14
What happen if you press F0???  ;D ;D ;D

A nice 3D racing game appears... Quite an achievement for a CPC though...
Brain Radioactivity

jbaudrand

Toto: No I understand why you ask me to buy motherX4... I will as soon the audio card will be available...

Munchausen

Sounds awesome! Please do a video where we can hear more of the demo tracks!

With the internal AY you have 9 channels of sound!?

Need a mixer too I guess...

TotO

Quote from: Munchausen on 21:32, 08 July 14With the internal AY you have 9 channels of sound!?
Absolutely. Now, there is not real interest to handle that has that will waste the CPU time won by using the PlayCity.

Munchausen

Quote from: TotO on 21:59, 08 July 14
Absolutely. Now, there is not real interest to handle that has that will waste the CPU time won by using the PlayCity.

Ah, ok - makes sense. Would still be cool for music demos though.

SyX

Well, a 9 channels music player is possible, somebody need to code it, of course :)

I converted the TS player from ZX for the ReSeT party demo disk.

Markus must be in the Germany celebration, because it's rare that he has not uploaded in this thread the special version of JavaCPC (press F1 for Help) that he made it, the sound is not 100% exact (because it was a fast hack for being able to code the demo disk and without him, it would not be possible to do it in time :)),  but everybody can hear how the board sound.